Where can I find a boyfriend?

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Miranda
Raven
Raven

29 May 2007, 11:10 am

I'm honestly not sure where to look. The last guy I was with, I met by pure chance at the hospital. I hate being single and would kill for a sex life again, but I don't know what to do.

I know a lot of people try online dating, but I tried and the only guys that responded to me were creeps in their 40s. (I'm 21 and want someone MY AGE)

I tried my classes when I was in college, but there weren't any guys that were my type. All the ones I did like were already taken.

I wouldn't dare want to date a guy I met at a guy at a bar or club, although I do enjoy going to those places for fun. Trust me, the guys there aren't boyfriend potential.

What else can I do? Is there anyone here in a relationship who can give advice?

Yoshie777
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2007, 11:16 am

Well, how would you describe your type of guy? A lot of us here are around your age. I'm 19 years old, for example.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2007, 11:16 am

One will most likely fall into your lap when you are not looking or least suspect it.
Important thing is not to try too hard to find one.
Hang out at places where there are other people your age...and....I dunnow...
All of my boyfriends have come from.my not looking for them...

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2007, 11:19 am

Museums and libraries.

Miranda
Raven
Raven

29 May 2007, 11:42 am

Yoshie777 wrote:
Well, how would you describe your type of guy? A lot of us here are around your age. I'm 19 years old, for example.

Unique and with different interests than the average person. A lot of the guys I've been interested in were musicians, either in a band or playing instruments for fun. That's just a weird coincidence, since I don't go after musicians intentionally. I like guys with longer hair and a nice sense of style. That's about it.

Yoshie777
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2007, 11:47 am

Miranda wrote:
Yoshie777 wrote:

Unique and with different interests than the average person. A lot of the guys I've been interested in were musicians, either in a band or playing instruments for fun. That's just a weird coincidence, since I don't go after musicians intentionally. I like guys with longer hair and a nice sense of style. That's about it.

Hey, I'm a musician! I'm a bass clarinet player in my college music department. But, I think you mean ROCK band and not the classical/contemporary/jazz kind. I personally like my hair the way it is. It is short and more gentleman-like. Style doesn't appeal to me unless it is hygiene or if it is a special occassion.

Anyway, I'm sure there are men out there that will meet your standards. I think we all have certain standards for a proper boyfriend/girlfriend. For a proper girlfriend, mine include great personality, a sense of reasoning, doesn't do drugs, willing to listen and understand me, and has a great sense of loyalty.

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2007, 12:05 pm

Do you care for an online relationship?
I have two potential candidates around your age
Yoshie777, Kilroy 8)
They are very nice guys
Of course there must be more possibilities in WP, if there is anybody else, mention it

:mrgreen:

Miranda
Raven
Raven

29 May 2007, 12:11 pm

I'd definitely try dating someone with AS, but the distance of an online relationship would be a problem. The physical side to a relationship isn't everything, but it's very important to me.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2007, 12:16 pm

Quote:
Where can I find a boyfriend?

in the mall .... on the shelf .

Yoshie777
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2007, 12:20 pm

Miranda wrote:
I'd definitely try dating someone with AS, but the distance of an online relationship would be a problem. The physical side to a relationship isn't everything, but it's very important to me.

I understand. I would rather date someone with AS as well, but I also would rather comfort and embrace a girl face to face rather than typing it out online. Distance relationships never work. You always manage to fall apart somewhere down the road and go your separate ways. If you can't be physically attracted to someone then what's the point? I want to kiss, hug, hold hands, dance, and caress a girl just as much as I want to support and comfort one.

Vegasadelphia
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 May 2007, 12:53 pm

I have used dating sites in the past. Match.com has a descent system, and you can post for free on Craigslist if you don't mind a crap load of creepy dudes sending you messages.

JakeG
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2007, 3:09 pm

Well, the traditional method is to meet people through friends and social networking etc. so I suppose you could ask friends or try and get invited to parties etc. Other then that, I suppose serendipity is a popular method but it doesn't offer any sense of timescale.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2007, 3:13 pm

As a creep in my 40's,
I, of course, suggest myself. :P

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2007, 3:23 pm

^^^ but you're a harmless creep :)

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2007, 3:24 pm

Sez you.

Unfortunately, my attentions are
directed elsewhere right now.

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

29 May 2007, 4:36 pm

I know what you mean regarding this difficulty. Since leaving school (and a bit beforehand) I've met most of my friends and potential love interests online. It's sort of a weird transition, because in high school (and a bit into college), it was raining men irl. Now I have no similar social engagements. I also work in a 99% female profession, so there aren't even any male coworkers.

I tried joining the singles group at my parish in hopes of meeting like-minded guys, but it's full of senior citizens. Literally. I am talking age 55+. I am not sure why, as there are a lot of young men who attend mass alone... but they look really shy and so am I.

Anyhow... no advice, just a bit of empathy.

Ah well, I'm surrendered and in no hurry. I am sure I need more time alone anyhow, so I can get to be a better and more responsible person.

Oh! I've met guys on a volunteer project before. There's an idea for you.