Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2017, 1:39 am

My mom accepted me & understand me , she was the only one in the family that understood me. Now that she gone I feel so alone , my dad don't understand, my grandmother don't understand, my sister don't understand, she thinks she knows me, cuz we lived together for 20 years, but I have not live with her for almost 27 years, I'm almost 47 not in my 20s, she is CRAZY!! I have to deal with that woman, cuz she in charge of my trust fund.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

30 Jun 2017, 5:31 am

My parents also live in denial. There is even more of it, they seem to be totally blind to any unusual traits in their children. Like these informations cannot penerate their minds, they are rejected at the entrance.

Now that I'm adult and independent, I learned to accept it. I don't really care. Tried to fight for acceptance for too long, now they need to live with what I am.

And my boss, who is also an aspie, once told me - "You will see, you will be a tenured professor and your mother will still try to teach you how to live, mothers are like that". He is inspiring for me sometimes :)

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Mr.Robot
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2017, 9:32 am

magz wrote:
My parents also live in denial. There is even more of it, they seem to be totally blind to any unusual traits in their children. Like these informations cannot penerate their minds, they are rejected at the entrance.

Now that I'm adult and independent, I learned to accept it. I don't really care. Tried to fight for acceptance for too long, now they need to live with what I am.

And my boss, who is also an aspie, once told me - "You will see, you will be a tenured professor and your mother will still try to teach you how to live, mothers are like that". He is inspiring for me sometimes :)

Your boss is one of those people i wish i had as a mentor!

rowan_nichol
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2017, 2:48 pm

I have the advantage of being assessed rather late in life, meaning I can choose not to disclose to close family.

My parents made good calls in seeming the strengths in my profile and made some sacrifices to put my brother an me through an educational route which brought out yjosr strengths and avoided potential for bullying.

Of course there were sessions of nagging if we let that potential down.