Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

CuriousNikki17
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Jun 2017, 9:40 am

Hello,
I cannot help but get sad that nobody understands me and my struggle.
The only person who does is my lovely husband. I have a hard time reading people and get upset easy. I tend to clap my hands and clench them to kind of release stress naturally. I also rock back and forth and side ways. I have no friends. All my life I have felt different to others and have been bullied for it. I have meltdowns and hate sounds that are out of my control, like banging sounds, stomach rumbling etc. I get very agitated and cover my ears as the sound hurts. I don't like being touched. I have been screened for anxiety and depression recently, but I think that has been caused from just being who I am and have been fostered most of my life. I went to speech therapy in primary school and had to get my hearing checked to see if I can hear a beep etc, yoga,Councillors and mentors in my school days. I had special needs teacher help me sometimes when I was in school. I cannot socialize properly unless alcohol is involved. I dislike people looking at me, including my husband. I am not good with eye contact. I used to pretend to be somebody else a lot, so I can feel normal.
My mother had mental illness, I was fostered so I am not in contact with her. I am 29 year old female.

I told my symptoms to my therapist yesterday and she said she had an idea what she thinks it may be. And told me about brain injury and kids with Asperger's etc. What does she mean? She hadn't diagnosed me with anything yet. She said she knew kids with Asperger's cause she worked with them or something like that.
She said she has to talk to a friend who knows more in that area. But she also said she was looking for trauma but cannot find it and that it is something else. She kept mentioning Asperger's. She said to book another appointment and she going to ask her friend something. This was technically my second visit to this therapist, my first visit was last year November 2016, but she had to start again and make yesterday like the first as it was too far apart from the last session. I really didn't want to go to therapy, but my husband kept persuading me. He wants me diagnosed. What is the benefits of being diagnosed and what did my therapist mean by brain injury etc. She kept asking me about my birth (like I am suppose to remember :| ) and if I had been diagnosed and then started going on about mental disability and kids with Asperger's. She must of watched me cause she said I keep touching both my elbows and etc. She asked me is it being nervous etc. I think I was nervous. I felt high anxiety and I stim when I am nervous.

Last edited by CuriousNikki17 on 28 Jun 2017, 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2017, 9:44 am

It sounds like the therapist thinks you probably have Asperger's---but doesn't feel qualified enough to officially diagnose you with it.

She feels she needs to consult someone who is more familiar with it.

This is my impression.