Do you say/make dumb things that you regret later?

Page 3 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2017, 11:47 pm

TheWarrior wrote:
I mean, usually when I'm in a social situation it's as if another "me" is in control, and this "me" say some dumb things, say some sentences in a way that makes them hard to understand or change their meaning, sometimes speak when it shouldn't or don't speak when should, etc.

In few words I could say it's an "unpredictable me". Which is not controled by my rational mind but something else.
It's really frustrating not having control over myself and having to relly on some sort of luck to be successful in a social situation, like "will this other Me say some idiot thing or will it not be so awkward this time?".

And then when I come home I keep asking myself "why did I do that?" and then I can imagine many better ways in which I could have said/done that without being so awkward.

Do you also experience it?

This has happened to me many times. I've said many things in the past that I shouldn't have said. I once blurted out that my Grade 7 music teacher was Gay because I was afraid to tell my parents about my own gender issues. There was another time that there was a dog with a face that was almost human was standing in the front yard of the first house that I lived in. My mum said that the dog's face was almost human and I quipped, "Maybe a lady had a dog for a baby!" If I would have told my parents that I was afraid of getting older and growing up and I wished to be a man, that incident would have been avoided.