Turned down for a VOLUNTEER JOB NOBODY WANTS!! !

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2017, 3:10 pm

I found advertised a local volunteer job that I was told nobody wants really and they must want somebody else for it because they extended the date they are looking for somebody for a month!! ! I guess I can't even GIVE away my talents... I think people are really turned off by disability, they said I had to be getting money because they don't pay and I said disability checks because I'm really honest.

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2017, 7:46 pm

Not your disability, but maybe that the employer is looking for a certain type of personality.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2017, 9:25 pm

plenty of unpaid internships have rejected me. don't know how many applicants they had. there was no way for me to know. could've asked, but they would not have had to answer.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2017, 7:47 am

Angnix wrote:
I found advertised a local volunteer job that I was told nobody wants really and they must want somebody else for it because they extended the date they are looking for somebody for a month!! ! I guess I can't even GIVE away my talents... I think people are really turned off by disability, they said I had to be getting money because they don't pay and I said disability checks because I'm really honest.

Why not find a hobby or activity or something that you can use your talents for? Sounds a bit better than working for someone else for free.

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2017, 4:23 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Angnix wrote:

Why not find a hobby or activity or something that you can use your talents for? Sounds a bit better than working for someone else for free.

I don't have current experience on my resume and I might have to prove myself again.

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2017, 7:32 am

You'd be surprised how many volunteer jobs have competition too.

"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people. I once worked with a guy for three years and never learned his name. The best friend I ever had. We still never talk sometimes."

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2017, 9:00 pm

You'd be surprised how many volunteer jobs have competition too.

yes some of them do.

some volunteer jobs take everyone though.

although, if you are looking for a volunteer job in your academic field, then that narrows your prospects.

what kind of job are you looking for?

near where i live, there are numerous opportunities for volunteer work. and they take anyone.