The World now has another reason to hate US (world bank)

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

matheux
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 Jun 2007, 10:53 pm

Awesomelyglorious wrote:
Actually you can. A loan provides immediate funds for investment that the borrower can use to promote beneficial projects that ultimately pay for the loan.

It looks that way, if you think of yourself on one side, and the bank, the contractor who's building the project, the person from whom you buy or rent an office, etc. on the other. But picture all the banks on one side, and everyone else, including all governments, on the other, and you'll see what I mean.

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2007, 9:45 am

matheux wrote:
It looks that way, if you think of yourself on one side, and the bank, the contractor who's building the project, the person from whom you buy or rent an office, etc. on the other. But picture all the banks on one side, and everyone else, including all governments, on the other, and you'll see what I mean.

Umm..... not really... no. I don't really follow your logic there, the bank gives money at one point to get more money at a later point and the other people accept the deal because they want money more now than later. These governments are expected to invest this money into projects that promote their welfare and make things better and those efforts are expected to be enough to pay off that loan. No matter where I see myself, banking is still banking. I am afraid you will have to lay down your ideas a lot better for them to make sense.