Page 4 of 6 [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

B19
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2020, 7:06 pm

No, not everything can be laid at the boomer door. We had some saving graces, as well as many faults (as all generations).

I'm old enough to remember the decades when a "celebrities" were people who had actually achieved something.

And "influencer" was not something anyone would have ever wanted to be called, as a job path, let alone proclaim oneself to be. At best it would have made some laugh out loud.

We did benefit from relatively inexpensive university education, though entry was merit based then, which was a good thing. That has gone. Some boomers became aggressive neoliberals who wanted to make everything in life a commodity for sale. They were not most boomers, but their economic vandalism to our way of life was and is out of all proportion to their minority numbers.

StarThrower
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Jan 2020, 7:14 pm

Wait, you're triggered and yet she's the snowflake? :lol:

Are you suggesting that I shouldn't be offended by someone who wants me dead solely because of my age ? Get a grip

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2020, 7:19 pm

StarThrower wrote:

Are you suggesting that I shouldn't be offended by someone who wants me dead solely because of my age ? Get a grip

I'm suggesting you probably shouldn't insist others are snowflakes while you're hysterically throwing a tantrum. Obvious projection is obvious.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2020, 7:26 pm

We Boomers have to prove to the Whipper-Snappers that we still have what it takes! :ninja:

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2020, 7:46 pm

StarThrower wrote:
and if you ever want a 2:35 lap around Virginia International Raceway , just let me know but I'll tell you in advance that if you take me up on it , bring a spare set of panties . Piss off , Snowflake .

i don't understand what this means.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2020, 7:52 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
StarThrower wrote:
and if you ever want a 2:35 lap around Virginia International Raceway , just let me know but I'll tell you in advance that if you take me up on it , bring a spare set of panties . Piss off , Snowflake .

i don't understand what this means.

VIR is a race track; depending on the layout and the car used, 2'35" might be really impressive, or might not be.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2020, 2:17 am

2 minutes and 35 seconds, on a five-mile race track, is really fast.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2020, 3:30 am

funeralxempire wrote:
StarThrower wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
The trouble is wages freaking suck, the federal government is a joke and baby boomers are in the way. With their crappy driving and their slow walking, slower than a 5 year old at the grocery store and their super entitled attitude that they're the 'betters' because they're older.

So Sweetleaf , are you saying that all Boomers are the same , that you can define people solely by their age , that they are incapable of driving well , that they are responsible for all your problems , that they are somehow ' in the way ' and don't deserve to live ? HOW BIGOTED IS THAT ?

You sound very angry and seem to be looking for someone or something to blame it on . Perhaps it would be a good idea for you to take a deep look at yourself before condemning an entire generation .

For the record , I was born in 1953 to a Naval vet who fought in WW II , I walk 25 miles a week with my dogs rain or shine , support many charities and if you ever want a 2:35 lap around Virginia International Raceway , just let me know but I'll tell you in advance that if you take me up on it , bring a spare set of panties . Piss off , Snowflake .

Note: The rant by Sweetleaf is two and a half years old.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2020, 4:46 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
2 minutes and 35 seconds, on a five-mile race track, is really fast.

The longest configuration at VIR is 4.2 miles.

Grand Course: 4.20 miles / 6.76 km
Full Course: 3.27 miles / 5.26 km
North Course: 2.25 miles / 3.62 km
South Course: 1.65 miles / 2.66 km
Patriot Course: 1.10 miles / 1.77 km

As for 'really fast', 02:22.09 is the lap record for a SCCA B-spec sedans on the 'full course'. That's for a car like a Ford Fiesta or Honda Fit or Toyota Yaris. Unless he's referring to the Grand Course, 2'35" isn't particularly fast, even if he's taking a road car out. B-spec is for basically stock subcompacts with engines well under 2000ccs, no forced induction.

http://ncrscca.com/wp/wp-content/upload ... s-1019.pdf

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2020, 9:01 am

You boomers stole my future.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2020, 9:29 am

OK Milly :P

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2020, 9:41 am

Where does the time go,when I was a kid all the boomers were in there 30's and had all the same feelings about the WW2 generation that millennial generation has about them.

As a member of gen X and always being told we were worthless back in the early 90's when Kurt Cobain was our spokesman,I would say walk a mile in the other generation's shoes before you judge.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2020, 9:43 am

I don't think we can make such blanket statements as "It's all the baby boomers fault" Each generation has its good and bad people . For me neo-liberalism , and a dog eat dog mentality that's sprung from that , has done more harm than any specific generation has .

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2020, 9:50 am

Yep.....the Boomers felt almost precisely the same about the Silent Generation in the 1960s and 1970s as the Millennials feel about the Boomers these days

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2020, 10:12 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Yep.....the Boomers felt almost precisely the same about the Silent Generation in the 1960s and 1970s as the Millennials feel about the Boomers these days
Some members of the silent generation critisized the WW2 generation as well,Allen Ginsberg,Peter Paul and Mary,Bob Dylan were all from the silent generation,also known as the Beat generation.
My dad was from the silent generation,born in 1934

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2020, 11:15 am

My father was born in 1932. He had many of the conservative aspects of the Silent Generation. He wasn't into literature; he was more into succeeding in business.