Page 3 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2010
Gender: Female
Posts: 23,775
Location: Pacific Northwest

24 Jul 2017, 6:17 pm

TheSpectrum wrote:
The OP is from the same country as me.

The OP has another account which was banned, and is currently active (or was recently) on another account.

*sits back*


How do you know? Do you know the OP?


_________________
Son: Diagnosed w/anxiety and ADHD. Also academic delayed.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.


kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 66,023
Location: Queens, NYC

24 Jul 2017, 6:17 pm

Trolls frequently do that...because they just want to do a one-time shock-post.

It's like the kid who rings your doorbell, and runs.



soloha
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 7 Jul 2017
Gender: Male
Posts: 348
Location: Pennsylvania

24 Jul 2017, 9:11 pm

drwho222 wrote:
Just out of curiosity, what are all the animal based ranks here? I'm enjoying it and wondering what I will morph into next...

lmao. I wondered the same. I'm a tufted titmouse. I was thinking it was some kind of mouse with fuzzy earlobes ... or ... well whatever. Why is a bird called a mouse. Makes no sense :) !



BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Jul 2010
Age: 56
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,130

24 Jul 2017, 9:27 pm

Most aspies are poor at multi-tasking. And many of the missing are at the age in which they are likely to start serious relationships or get good jobs. Maybe they are too busy with real life to maintain a significant web presence.

The other reality is that the last election was nasty and people didn't make nice afterwords. In fact, they continue to use words that are antagonistic. Is the title of the original post ironic or intentional? I think one can make a case that posts like the one that started this thread are why people drift away from web communities.



Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Jul 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,661
Location: Out of my mind

24 Jul 2017, 9:34 pm

Too many people calling people fakes here.


_________________
It's like I'm sleepwalking


CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2004
Age: 45
Gender: Male
Posts: 103,499
Location: Hanging out with my fellow Sweet Peas at Stalag 13

24 Jul 2017, 10:15 pm

I hope I don't come across as a fake.


_________________
Schultz

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26&start=645


soloha
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 7 Jul 2017
Gender: Male
Posts: 348
Location: Pennsylvania

24 Jul 2017, 10:33 pm

BTDT wrote:
Most aspies are poor at multi-tasking. And many of the missing are at the age in which they are likely to start serious relationships or get good jobs. Maybe they are too busy with real life to maintain a significant web presence.

The other reality is that the last election was nasty and people didn't make nice afterwords. In fact, they continue to use words that are antagonistic. Is the title of the original post ironic or intentional? I think one can make a case that posts like the one that started this thread are why people drift away from web communities.

I did not like the OP's post. It was negative and judgmental. I read somewhere that people with Asperger's were some of the most non-judgmental you would meet. How can anyone who has been judged their whole life turn around and judge another? I find a little irony in people who are, as a function of their autism - least per the "textbooks" - not in tune to the social mores of other people, being sensitive to being called fake ... a social judgement. I say ... IDGAF. Call me fake ... or not. It means little to me. I try to be a good person. Label or not, I've got issues and I'm doing my best to make my way in the world as best I can. I feel like I found a home here. For any of the rest of you who feel the same, don't let the OP's post bring you down. Their judgement means nothing. Ignore it ...



Last edited by soloha on 25 Jul 2017, 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 25 Nov 2016
Age: 55
Gender: Female
Posts: 10,890
Location: Santa Maria, CA.

25 Jul 2017, 9:15 am

CockneyRebel,

You definitely aren't a fake. I remember when I posted under a different screen name ten years ago, and you always seemed real and sincere, one of the most positive people here, and also objective about the real difficulties people with ASDs face. I always liked your attitude. You and I share a lot of the same musical tastes as well.



StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Jul 2017
Age: 16
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,754
Location: Stampy's Lovely World

25 Jul 2017, 9:21 am

soloha wrote:
BTDT wrote:
Most aspies are poor at multi-tasking. And many of the missing are at the age in which they are likely to start serious relationships or get good jobs. Maybe they are too busy with real life to maintain a significant web presence.

The other reality is that the last election was nasty and people didn't make nice afterwords. In fact, they continue to use words that are antagonistic. Is the title of the original post ironic or intentional? I think one can make a case that posts like the one that started this thread are why people drift away from web communities.

I did not like the OP's post. It was negative and judgmental. I read somewhere that people with Asperger's were some of the most non-judgmental you would meet. How can anyone who has been judged their whole life turn around and judge another? I find a little irony in people who are, as a function of their autism - least per the "textbooks" - not in tune to the social mores of other people, being sensitive to being called fake ... a social judgement. I say ... IDGAF. Call me fake ... or not. It means little to me. I try to be a good person. Label or not, I've got issues and I'm doing my best to make my way in the world as best I can. I feel like I found a home here. For any of the rest of you who feel the same, don't let the OP's post bring you down. Their judgement means nothing. Ignore it ...


^THIS :D



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 66,023
Location: Queens, NYC

25 Jul 2017, 9:24 am

You're too much of a Schultz to be a fake!



IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 25 Nov 2016
Age: 55
Gender: Female
Posts: 10,890
Location: Santa Maria, CA.

25 Jul 2017, 9:27 am

Multi-tasking is a very poor way to work, for everyone. It makes people dull and destroys concentration and focus. You are left with a pile of half-completed tasks and a mess.



EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,188
Location: Twin Peaks

25 Jul 2017, 10:25 am

I'm not fake when it comes to having autism, but I might be considered fake because I'm made of styrofoam.



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 66,023
Location: Queens, NYC

25 Jul 2017, 10:27 am

If you were made of styrofoam, you would be quite breakable--but you would not be able to be recycled.

I wouldn't wish that upon my very worst enemy.



AshtenS
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2017
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Posts: 89

25 Jul 2017, 11:04 am

I wonder if Ezra makes that horrible squeaky sound that styrofoam makes when you rub it together when he moves. Also its bound to crumble all over the place and get stuck to anything staticky and be impossible to clean out of thick carpeting. Truly a terrible fate...

I personally believe myself to be a living basket of exotic fruit. The kind that someone only eats one fruit and then desides that they would prefer regular non-exotic fruit but the basket was given as a gift so they can't get rid of it until the fruit goes all moldy and weird. The life of a fruit basket is an interesting one.



soloha
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 7 Jul 2017
Gender: Male
Posts: 348
Location: Pennsylvania

25 Jul 2017, 11:04 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
If you were made of styrofoam, you would be quite breakable--but you would not be able to be recycled.

I wouldn't wish that upon my very worst enemy.


Not to mention styrofoam is evil. It's dry .. and squeaky.