Page 4 of 6 [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Keladry
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2017, 10:18 pm

It didn't take long to reach :) German was my special interest. I really miss phrasebase, sigh. This forum is pretty good though. It's my second favorite that I've participated in, ranked just behind phrasebase! It'd probably be my favorite if we all posted in German ;)

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2017, 9:10 pm

I'm learning German this year :D .

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

Keladry
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2017, 8:09 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
I'm learning German this year :D .

:) :) :) Besser geht's nicht :)

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2017, 8:51 pm

I don't know any German yet! Maybe you could help if I get stuck with my homework :lol: !

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Keladry
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2017, 10:06 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
I don't know any German yet! Maybe you could help if I get stuck with my homework :lol: !

Uhm...yes! Just send a PM and I'd be very glad to help :)

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2017, 10:07 pm

Yay! It seems really hard, and I promise I'll try not to bother you much! :D

Keladry
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 7:26 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Yay! It seems really hard, and I promise I'll try not to bother you much! :D

With German? That's not possible. I will never ever be bothered with German! (would you ever be bothered by someone who PMs you about Stampy?? ;) )

German wasn't hard for me, but others have found it so. Really pay attention to the grammar, especially the gender of the nouns, and try to understand the cases. Then it will be easy.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 7:31 pm

Haha nope! I can be really annoying if I don't reign myself in when talking, though :lol: !

I'm sure you found German easy because you're amazing at it :D . I'm probably going to fail, but I will try my best here! Thank you for the advice, it will be very useful!

Keladry
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 8:30 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Haha nope! I can be really annoying if I don't reign myself in when talking, though :lol: !

I'm sure you found German easy because you're amazing at it :D . I'm probably going to fail, but I will try my best here! Thank you for the advice, it will be very useful!

How do you know you will fail? Has the class started yet? What seems confusing?

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 8:44 pm

Keladry wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:

How do you know you will fail? Has the class started yet? What seems confusing?

It hasn't started yet, but I have immense difficulty learning things I do not have a special interest in. Hopefully I will have at least some interest in this! :D

How do you say "Hi" and "Bye" in German, by the way?

Keladry
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 9:46 pm

It depends ;) There are formal and informal address, and it changes according to the time of day. Probably the best to learn first would be:

Guten Tag (hello , formal, usually used in the morning but I've used other times of day too)
Guten Nachmittag (formal, good afternoon)
Guten Abend (formal, good evening)
Hallo ( hi, informal, all times of day)

Auf Wiedersehen (goodbye, formal)
Tschüss (goodbye, informal)

There's also many other ways of saying hi and bye, and it can change according to the region or area you are in. It's pretty interesting ;)

emmasma
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Aug 2017, 10:01 pm

I just became a Blue Jay!
76 posts

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 10:37 pm

Keladry wrote:
It depends ;) There are formal and informal address, and it changes according to the time of day. Probably the best to learn first would be:

Guten Tag (hello , formal, usually used in the morning but I've used other times of day too)

There's also many other ways of saying hi and bye, and it can change according to the region or area you are in. It's pretty interesting ;)

WOW! Talk about being difficult! :D

Keladry
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2017, 8:25 pm

emmasma wrote:
I just became a Blue Jay!
76 posts

yay! Congrats! Although now you are already 10 over that at 86 :)

Keladry
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2017, 8:25 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Keladry wrote:

Naw, not really. There is a lot of structure/rules/patterns, so if you can find those, it's fairly simple. I don't want to scare you off before you even start!!

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2017, 8:28 pm

Keladry wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Keladry wrote:

Naw, not really. There is a lot of structure/rules/patterns, so if you can find those, it's fairly simple. I don't want to scare you off before you even start!!

Believe me, I'm not quitting :D . I hope I can still do okay in German, though!