Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 1:21 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/25/politics/boehner-health-care/index.html

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 1:44 pm

Don't get to cozy.

The corporate overlords and their political puppets will just keep fighting to take away your healthcare so that they can get more tax breaks. Don't tell yourself "They'll stop."

They will not stop. In the past, these bastards have killed hundreds of innocent people just to make money. Quite a few of them are clinical sociopaths. After all, it's easier for sociopaths to rise up through the system. Our system is designed so that literal sociopaths have an advantage over ordinary human beings.

They will not stop trying to take away your life support until they are utterly destroyed.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 3:16 pm

The repeal is a bailout for the insurance industry.

There will be a lot of pressure on Democrats and Republicans to vote for it.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 3:46 pm

Senate health bill clears test vote, aided by McCain

Quote:
Senate Republicans on Tuesday resuscitated their health care legislation for now, narrowly clearing it past a key hurdle with the help of Sen. John McCain’s dramatic return to the chamber for the first time since his brain cancer diagnosis.

The Senate voted 51-50 to start debate, with Vice President Pence casting the tie-breaker. The procedural vote once again brings the ObamaCare overhaul legislation back from the brink of collapse, after intense prodding from President Trump who had pressured senators to skip recess until they act on health care.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 8:01 am

Senate Votes Down Broad Obamacare Repeal

Quote:
The Senate voted narrowly on Tuesday to begin debate on a bill to repeal major provisions of the Affordable Care Act, but hours later, Republican leaders suffered a setback when their most comprehensive plan to replace President Barack Obama’s health law fell far short of the votes it needed.

The Tuesday night tally needed to reach 60 votes to overcome a parliamentary objection. Instead, it fell 43-57. The fact that the comprehensive replacement plan came up well short of even 50 votes was an ominous sign for Republican leaders still seeking a formula to pass final health care legislation this week.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 10:04 am

It won't be passed, nor will a repeal. McConnell fubared the entire thing by pre-drafting the legislation behind closed doors and then held his caucus at gunpoint (metaphorically) and forced them to vote on it. In any other era no senator would vote for it, just because the process itself was toxic and would open said senator up for attacks of cronyism, non-transparency, and the like. This is not most eras, we're more politically divided than any other point in U.S. history save for the pre-Civil War era, and that's the only reason he was even able to get the bill to the floor. Finding 50 senators to actually vote for the filth in the bill and accept the closed-door process that brought it will prove to be elusive.