Page 2 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 8:24 pm

Yeesh a murderer? I thought it was an actor before I read the other posts. I don't want to know what he did. He will never be a "hero" for me, that's for sure.

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 8:34 pm

He probably was completely spoiled and had everything handed to him his whole life.

So maybe he expected women to just show up on his doorstep.

Or maybe he preferred to complain about it and hold a grudge over it, rather than actually try finding a date.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 8:36 pm

But what's the purpose in all this?

What does he gain by this?

I just don't get it.

The negativity in his existence was incredible. And he could have easily done something about it.

Hopefully, he'll do better in his "next life."

Last edited by kraftiekortie on 26 Jul 2017, 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AnushkaB
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Jul 2017, 8:38 pm

AnushkaB
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Jul 2017, 8:42 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Do you think that sort of thought-pattern makes any sense?

What caused this very distorted view of life?

I don't think it was Asperger's, by the way.

Maybe it was some extreme form of social anxiety?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP-zqBsvxno#t=9m58s

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 8:44 pm

It was more than that.

I had social anxiety....of the stuttering, blubbering variety.

And I wasn't really all that good-looking. And I was short.

I wonder where he got the idea that women should approach HIM. This only happens, usually, on Sadie Hawkins Day.

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 9:16 pm

Why was this your first post, OP? It seems rather trollish.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 9:23 pm

duplicate post

Last edited by naturalplastic on 26 Jul 2017, 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 9:24 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I got rejected by chicks, too.

All through my first three years of high school, I was bullied and laughed at. I had no friends. I lived a solitary existence.

I did a little, but not much better in my senior year.

I told myself that I had to improve myself, rather than think that people had to "give me a chance."

I really didn't think I was all that "inadequate." I thought I had to present my adequacies better.

He just decided to create this ideology, an ideology of "entitlement." This has lead to some notions posited here on WrongPlanet pertaining to men feeling "entitled" to sex, "entitled" to romance, whatever.

He really wasn't a bad-looking person. He just had extremely distorted views of things. And he probably wasn't a pleasant person to be around. He had no insight into himself.

watch the video. It explains all of that. Despite the juvenile speaking style of the narrator its a pretty interesting case study, and op ed, of the case.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 9:27 pm

It's a tragedy. And there will be people who will think he's some sort of hero or martyr.

I read the manifesto about three years ago.

Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 9:42 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
I got rejected by chicks, too.

All through my first three years of high school, I was bullied and laughed at. I had no friends. I lived a solitary existence.

I did a little, but not much better in my senior year.

I told myself that I had to improve myself, rather than think that people had to "give me a chance."

I really didn't think I was all that "inadequate." I thought I had to present my adequacies better.

He just decided to create this ideology, an ideology of "entitlement." This has lead to some notions posited here on WrongPlanet pertaining to men feeling "entitled" to sex, "entitled" to romance, whatever.

He really wasn't a bad-looking person. He just had extremely distorted views of things. And he probably wasn't a pleasant person to be around. He had no insight into himself.

watch the video. It explains all of that. Despite the juvenile speaking style of the narrator its a pretty interesting case study, and op ed, of the case.

It's hard to listen to the narrator of that video, he keeps yelling and screaming and sounds very enraged. I can't finish it, it's giving me a headache listening to him yell.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 9:59 pm

Lol. I guess he would trigger sensory issues in some aspies. LOL!

Wish he were a little less sophomoric in style. What he is saying is reasonable: Lets put aside our political agendas for a moment (pro gun, anti gun, more mental health care, prayer in school, scapegoating video games, etc. And look at this particular one case (and not worry yet about if it applies to other cases), and see how this particular crime could have been prevented. Then he goes into analyzing it-largely based on Rodgers own hundred page manifesto. But yeah I also bailed about two thirds the way through when he started getting even more over the top and loud. But I got most of his points about what he thinks caused this guy to do this one crime.

Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 10:01 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Lol. I guess he would trigger sensory issues in some aspies. LOL!

Wish he were a little less sophomoric in style. What he is saying is reasonable: Lets put aside our political agendas for a moment (pro gun, anti gun, more mental health care, prayer in school, scapegoating video games, etc. And look at this particular one case (and not worry yet about if it applies to other cases), and see how this particular crime could have been prevented. Then he goes into analyzing it-largely based on Rodgers own hundred page manifesto. But yeah I also bailed about two thirds the way through when he started getting even more over the top and loud. But I got most of his points about what he thinks caused this guy to do this one crime.

From what I watched he's rather misinformed about autism (he kept referring to it as a mental illness rather than a developmental disorder.) And if his conclusions are predicated on that basic misunderstanding of autism I don't know how much value they have, and I still don't really understand the point of this thread.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 10:55 pm

My impression of him was that he was incredibly narcissistic in that he had an inflated sense of ego, and was upset that the world didn't work according to how he thought it should work. He was also illogical. Those of us on the spectrum might occasionally come to some strange conclusions on things by virtue of the fact that we often form our ideas independent of the input of others, but quickly revise them when provided with more logical alternatives. I'm skeptical he was on the spectrum but even if he were, he obviously had other issues which transcended that.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2017, 12:30 am

TheSpectrum wrote:
Not a question up for debate, really.
He received a diagnosis for Asperger's when he was younger, according to press reports referring to his medical and psychiatric history.

I mean, we can debate whether it was a fair diagnosis or he had other underlying issues, or that maybe he was just a misdiagnosed NT with anger issues. But the above fact remains. He was diagnosed as such.

His dad claims he has never been made aware of the diagnoses. So either the mom was lying and she "diagnosed" him herself or no one ever told him his son had been diagnosed and Elliot never told him either.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2017, 12:34 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
One psych hired by a parent thought he had it, the psych hired by the other parent did not think he had it. Some early reports said he was diagnosed but later versions of the articles this was taken out.

I read his entire manifesto at the time and came to the conclusion he was not autistic. He was not at all shy about discussing his mental issues. He discussed his therapist. Not once did he mention an Autism Spectrum Disorder. He had quite the undestanding of social hierarchy and had litte difficulty making friends up until puberty or so.

What came out again again was misogyny based on a sense of entitlement to sex.

I was not aware it was an autism thing to be shy about discussing your mental issues and talking about your therapist. :?

I had little difficulty making friends too until puberty because kids always came to me. I think it's easier when you are little. Even Temple Grandin had friends until puberty and then she started to have trouble because kids interests change and so do social skills. But I am sure kids came to her too so it's not like she made them on her own same as for me.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.