Are Social Justice Warriors mostly autistic?

Page 3 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2017, 8:35 pm

0_equals_true wrote:
I disagree with the idea that SJWs are autistic, and I think that people who talk of "weaponized autism", etc aren't actually being serious.

It's semi-serious, and not so much derogatory as ignorant. It could be argued that there's a suggestion that an obsession with all things "nerdy" or tech is typical of people with autism, but it does cast such obsession in a positive light so I'm willing to give them a pass.

Also worth noting that many of the people using the term seem to identify themselves as such.

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2017, 8:38 pm

BettaPonic wrote:
I admit I probably watch way to many debunk videos of them. It's just they are so entitled and narrowminded that it's funny.

Wolves in sheeps clothing.

There's a certain type of person who likes to anoint themselves in the garb of an oppressed identity group, invoking their oppression in the name of social justice, equal outcomes, etc. It's a twisted inversion of stolen valour.

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2017, 9:18 pm

adifferentname wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:
I admit I probably watch way to many debunk videos of them. It's just they are so entitled and narrowminded that it's funny.

There's a certain type of person who likes to anoint themselves in the garb of an oppressed identity group, invoking their oppression in the name of social justice, equal outcomes, etc. It's a twisted inversion of stolen valour.

Oppression olympics can be pretty funny.

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2017, 7:19 am

BettaPonic wrote:
adifferentname wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:

They can be, but it's a nuisance when they're held in your back yard.

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2017, 7:47 am

adifferentname wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:
adifferentname wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:

That really sounds like a pain. What are they competing with?

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2017, 7:58 am

BettaPonic wrote:
adifferentname wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:
adifferentname wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:

It's more what they're competing for and against, but if ever there was a metaphor that might be stretched too thin... :lol:

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2017, 8:07 am

adifferentname wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:
adifferentname wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:
adifferentname wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:

It's more what they're competing for and against, but if ever there was a metaphor that might be stretched too thin... :lol:

You know what we need to profit on it. I as a fishkeeper am discriminated by western society. Give me free stuff now. :D

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2017, 6:35 pm

Anyone wondering why people get frustrated with SJWs here is an example

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/university-ca ... 19138.html

The_Blonde_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2017, 8:16 pm

0_equals_true wrote:
Anyone wondering why people get frustrated with SJWs here is an example

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/university-ca ... 19138.html

I'm pretty sure that, after seeing this article you provided, future generations are gonna see this decade in a similar manner we do whenever we think about the 1950's; a decade marked by many technological advances as well as blatant racism.

I mean, what next? White Lives Matter in the year 2117? :roll: It's because of these partterns that we get those extremely boring history classes in school.

-Thomas Jefferson

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2017, 11:39 am

This place would be crawling with SJWs if autistics were prevalent among SJWs. It's the opposite, there's a strong anti-SJW sentiment running through this place.

I don't ever feel like these people are autistic. They are often polar opposites of typical autistic traits. They are bullies. We hate bullies. They are very manipulative, when that is something we are often incapable of being. They are comfortable in social settings, pushing their agendas and clashing with opponents. They are utterly dishonest when we are more honest on average than NTs. They are collectivists while we are often individualists and non-conformists.

Even when SJWs do the "meltdowns" they don't feel the same as autistic meltdowns. It's more like watching an adult behave like a child having a tantrum.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2017, 11:54 am

Drake wrote:
This place would be crawling with SJWs if autistics were prevalent among SJWs. It's the opposite, there's a strong anti-SJW sentiment running through this place.

I don't ever feel like these people are autistic. They are often polar opposites of typical autistic traits. They are bullies. We hate bullies. They are very manipulative, when that is something we are often incapable of being. They are comfortable in social settings, pushing their agendas and clashing with opponents. They are utterly dishonest when we are more honest on average than NTs. They are collectivists while we are often individualists and non-conformists.

Even when SJWs do the "meltdowns" they don't feel the same as autistic meltdowns. It's more like watching an adult behave like a child having a tantrum.

You'll find most of the traits you attribute to SJWs are very common amongst the social injustice warriors who obsessively need to attack anything resembling progress or decency. :wink:

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2017, 2:48 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Drake wrote:

You'll find most of the traits you attribute to SJWs are very common amongst the social injustice warriors who obsessively need to attack anything resembling progress or decency. :wink:

Progress like segregation? A lot of anti SJWs I have seen hate that stuff. The only people I see calling for it are SJWs.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2017, 3:23 pm

/\
Agreed. There is a reason why a progressive liberal coined the term regressive left.

A "progressive" is not a progressive if their policies violate the principle of rights.

Understanding of the principle or right is needed as this is a common error people make when formulating political ideas they intend to put into practice. They don't properly think out the consequences and side effects. They jsu think off their cause and their grievances.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2017, 3:25 pm

BettaPonic wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Drake wrote:

Progress like segregation? A lot of anti SJWs I have seen hate that stuff. The only people I see calling for it are SJWs.

And yet it's their opponents who seem to think the Jim Crow era of official segregation and formalized institutional racism was 'the good ol' days'. :roll:

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2017, 3:39 pm

A good example of regressive approach would be calling for cultural sensitivity when dealing with inhumane cultural practices in one culture being while while focusing on trivial issues in another and arguing this is main source of oppression. Of course their social theories put he majority of blame on the "unoppressed" for all cultures ill. To dispute that woudl be to admit their social theories and power models are flawed.

Last edited by 0_equals_true on 30 Jul 2017, 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2017, 3:58 pm

0_equals_true wrote:
A good example of regressive approach would be calling for "cultural sensitivity" when dealing with inhumane cultural practices in one group being while while focusing on trivial issues iand arguing this is the source of oppression.

On this I would agree. If there's a cultural practice you feel obliged to condemn when your people engage in it, one should be consistent and condemn it regardless of who's practising it. Conversely, if one is willing to make excuses for almost anything other peoples do, one should try to demonstrate that same 'cultural sensitivity' when commenting on peoples more similar to their own people.

That said, attempting to understand why a practice is still common in one culture when your own has largely abandoned it isn't the same as refusing to criticize the practice.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う