Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Snoopy
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

30 May 2007, 10:22 pm

I was thinking of Jolie and how she acted during the time she was married to Billy Bob Thornton and realized a lot of the stunts she pulled and things she said in interviews struck me as very Aspie !

Cade
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2007, 10:30 pm

You need to read up on the diagnostic criterion for AS. There's nothing particularly AS about her.

jdoll
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 May 2007, 11:25 pm

If she had Aspergers, she would be more empathetic toward the children she adopts overseas!! She is not a bad person or parent. She is just not in a position to empathise with the children she adopts. In a word, she is unknowlagable in that regard!! !

Cryowolf
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

31 May 2007, 3:01 am

Angelina Jolie is a sadistic narcissistic opportunist, she's an attentionseeker and a masochist. That doesn't make her an "Aspie" though (god I hate that word.) She's very sociable and I'd be very surprised if she had any syndrome in the autistic spectrum...I would be more inclined to think she's schizotypical or schizophrenic cause if I remember right, one time she suddenly got the idea she had killed someone and she turned herself into the police...But it turned out to be a dream.

szdww
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Jul 2011, 11:36 am

Angelina is for sure an Aspie - (the litteral expression, the perfectionism, the way she was not integrated at school)..

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2011, 2:25 am

szdww wrote:
Angelina is for sure an Aspie - (the litteral expression, the perfectionism, the way she was not integrated at school)..

How so? Could you give us some examples?
By the way, I couldn't help but notice this is your first post on WP. I extend a welcome to you. :)

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

nnlb
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Sep 2012, 12:02 am

sorry for my bad english, i'm brazilian

angelina certanly has asperger: taking things literaly (the blood as the deepest conection people could have , when she was 5 she was sure her father died from wacthing one of his movies),
she said that she never had friends,
she wanted a real conection with any person more than anything else in the world (at the billy bob time),
was weird in high school;
she says is shy and used the "bad girl" things as a way to keep people away;
is way to honest for a celebrity;
the depresion;
the perfeccionism on researching the caracters
the failed relationships,
the social mistakes that she couldn't understand people overreacting about;
and her teenage crush was Spock

and also she had really strong interress, almost like obsessions: death and funerals; how knifes are made; other cultures; religions; politcs

before i got diagnose, i used to watch a lot of her interviews, because she sounded like the only person on earth that made some kind of sense to me. Watching her "inside the actors studio" is possible to see every aspie aspect in her

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2012, 12:26 am

Cryowolf wrote:
Angelina Jolie is a sadistic narcissistic opportunist, she's an attentionseeker and a masochist.

Uhh how so? I was under the impression she was just an actress...and usually the media likes to jump on any flaws celebrities have or any mistakes they make and blow it out of proportion to 'entertain' everyone. So I'd say chances are she's probably not that bad but then I don't know her and I doubt you do either.

That doesn't make her an "Aspie" though (god I hate that word.) She's very sociable and I'd be very surprised if she had any syndrome in the autistic spectrum...I would be more inclined to think she's schizotypical or schizophrenic cause if I remember right, one time she suddenly got the idea she had killed someone and she turned herself into the police...But it turned out to be a dream.

If it is true I agree it would not make her an 'aspie' since the definition of aspie is not 'sadistic, narcissistic, opportunist, attention seeking masochist.

KenM
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2012, 7:05 am

nnlb wrote:

angelina certanly has asperger:

Yeah, She and Brad Pitt did not last long at all.

IMO she does not have AS. She is way too popular and likes the spotlight too much.

Wandering_Stranger
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2012, 7:29 am

Many people have failed relationships. It doesn't make them an Aspie.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2012, 7:41 am

KenM wrote:
nnlb wrote:

angelina certanly has asperger:

Yeah, She and Brad Pitt did not last long at all.

IMO she does not have AS. She is way too popular and likes the spotlight too much.

You can like the spotlight and have AS, it just isn't common.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

badRobot
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2012, 7:41 am

I don't really care if she is an Aspie, but for many years I have a strong impression that her personality is very different from other hollywood celebrities and somehow similar to mine.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2012, 12:50 pm

Wandering_Stranger wrote:
Many people have failed relationships. It doesn't make them an Aspie.

I've been diagnosed with Asperger's, and I've been married for eleven years. Asperger's might interfere with establishing long term relationships, but it doesn't make those relationships impossible.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Sextaesada
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2012, 1:03 pm

I don't care if she has AS or not shes adorable in hackers. :heart: