Mike Huckabee calls for repeal of 17th Amendment.

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Should the 17th Amendment be abolished, as Mike Huckabee (and others) has suggested?
No. 75%  75%  [ 6 ]
YES, YES, YES, a million times YES!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! ! Only ELITIST SNOBS andfake news purveyors think otherwise! People in (No longer, I guess - Damn tree-huggers!) smoke-filled rooms in Little Rock, etc. are the TRUE voice of the people!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! ! 25%  25%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 8

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2017, 7:13 pm

In the aftermath of the latest Republican failure to get a ACA/Obamacare repeal through Congress, former Republican nomination seeker and Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee has called in tweets for the repeal of the 17th Amendment, which set up direct by-voters election of U.S. Senators.
The Huck-ster said that the products of The New/Old Way " Will work for their states and respect 10th amid ", exact, precise, 100% accurate quote of that passage in his tweet! :P
This is an extension of something which some gung-ho Tea Partiers did suggest during the TP's heyday, the same thing.
Really , um~How, exactly, would giving Senatorial election to 100-ish guys in Albany, Ausin, or Sacremento, etc. be " giving it back to the people "? The TP-era did indulge in absolute ancestor worship of the Founding Fathers at times~Anyway, Huckie is throwing a tantrum because what he wanted didn't get through.
I couldn't put up a link to this, and then I lost a first draft of this - :( :( you can find it - including repros of Hucky-Wucky's tweets - on The Hill, IIRC.

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2017, 7:25 pm

...If he gets that, as someone one generation removed from being considered a white Southerner myself, maybe then he can get rid of those states' rights-binding anti-slavery, anti-poll tax amendments and Loving/Virginia decision!
The Lost Cause will rise again!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! ! :lol:

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!