Round earthism is the greatest lie ever told !

Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

pete413
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Sep 2018, 4:35 am

naturalplastic wrote:
pete413 wrote:
How exactly is the bible the be all end all "authority" on this? really now,this is a re-translated and re-translated collection of archaic letters from primitive eastern Mediterranean people. How is that "the word of god"?
It's all just a bunch of propaganda to keep the masses obedient as the roman government fell.
And people run around worshiping the thing as an idol, always referencing a convenient quote to support their madness.

Flat earthers are just trolls, how could anyone be so stupid as to still believe the earth is flat, after 50 years of space travel, nullifying any argument they have.

But its....the word of God!

"god"?

I do not think anyone has been able to accurately define that term.
who? what? where? how? nobody knows.

They just toss this "god" word around, as it was a name of some kind. But the individual belonging to that name "God" can not be found. Supposedly, you can talk to it. even hold two way conversations, have a personal relationship with it. Apparently it's an author, and can get books published.

What am I missing here? I guess it's just easier for some people to form a relationship with a poorly defined concept. I guess that is what they call "faith"? believing stuff that has little to no evidence to back it up.

Most folks are sold religion at such a young age they lack the critical thinking skills to reject it. And go on their whole lives believing a lie, because they we're told that lie as children, or at some extremely desperate low point in life. That's how they get 'em. That's how religion works.

It's the original form of "government". How the pharaoh got the people to build things, and go to war.

"God"? what "god"? a metaphor for a divine right despot? An impostor?