Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

NewTime
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2017, 6:08 pm

Do you like animal babies better than human babies?

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2017, 6:28 pm

More importantly - who would win out of a baby human and a baby squid??

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2017, 6:49 pm

Livebearer fry

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 12:43 am

human babies really do seem absolutely pathetic and useless when compared to their nonhuman cousins, their sheer altriciality and painfully long and drawn out youth that lasts nearly a third of the normal lifespan is really laughable when you compare them to foals and wildebeest calves that can stand up and run mere hours after birth, and galliform birds of the class Megapodiidae that hatch with full flight feathers, and can sometimes even fly on that same day.

but really, it all makes sense when you consider the extremely advanced state of the human brain (the frontal lobe in particular, which is responsible for many of the behaviors that make humans people) and it's massive plasticity.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 2:50 am

Animal babies are quieter. Human babies have a pair of lungs that are able to emit noise louder than World War 2.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 2:56 am

that's a lot of noise.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

awkward facepalm
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 5:21 am

human babies can be more noisy and annoying, but of course they are way more important than animals.

thinking animal babies are more important = scary mental illness sociopathic psychopathic tendencies

awkward facepalm
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 5:27 am

awkward facepalm wrote:
thinking animal babies are more important = scary mental illness sociopathic psychopathic tendencies

or simply a dumb person with a garbage personality craving attention (he/she thinks its a cool/different thing to say)

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 5:59 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
that's a lot of noise.

I was exaggerating slightly, but as a child-hater, it's how it feels.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 6:25 am

I don't like human babies, they're smelly, loud and annoying. And no, those red wrinkly things are not cute. And then they become kids and get even worse.
Animal babies on the other hand are almost universally cute ( a few exceptions but they're exceptions ). And then they grow up to be incredibly fascinating and amazing, regardless of species.

Animal babies are FAR more important than human babies. Almost all species have important ecological niches where they live, but we just destroy and over exploit. If there were no more human babies, that would be very good news for the planet and its nonhuman life.
I understood this even as a kid.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 7:11 am

Skilpadde wrote:
I don't like human babies, they're smelly, loud and annoying. And no, those red wrinkly things are not cute. And then they become kids and get even worse.
Animal babies on the other hand are almost universally cute ( a few exceptions but they're exceptions ). And then they grow up to be incredibly fascinating and amazing, regardless of species.

Animal babies are FAR more important than human babies. Almost all species have important ecological niches where they live, but we just destroy and over exploit. If there were no more human babies, that would be very good news for the planet and its nonhuman life.
I understood this even as a kid.

I agree. Just ignore all the "well YOU'RE a human" and "YOU were a loud smelly annoying baby once" posts, I hate when people say that. A lot of people hate kids. What if butterflies hate caterpillars? They might. Just because you was something once, doesn't mean you can't hate them.

But, anyway, yes, this planet was originally consisted of animals. Humans have destroyed it. Humans have taken over. And it's only going to get worse.

248RPA
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 7:28 am

All the animal babies I have been around have smelled worse than human babies.

awkward facepalm
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 9:28 am

listen people

saying animals are more important than people seems to be a new trend nowadays, and it is not even cute. it doesn't make you cute, it doesn't make you cool, it doesn't make you special.

the funny thing is that most of those people who think animals value more than human beings enjoy eating animal meat, and i don't eat meat.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 9:41 am

I wanted children, but never had any because I was afraid they might have some of my issues. I would like to help children with disabilities or counsel young people like me who feel somehow different from others.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 9:43 am

IstominFan wrote:
I wanted children, but never had any because I was afraid they might have some of my issues. I would like to help children with disabilities or counsel young people like me who feel somehow different from others.

Same here. I would love to adopt a child with a disability, though :D . I feel like we would get along quite well.

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

awkward facepalm
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 10:24 am

^^ same here. i love children, but i can't even take care of myself.

also i should be in a relationship first, and i don't see this happening anyway. :| even if i had a partner, man it's a huge responsibility.