Page 4 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Phoenix87x
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 May 2023, 7:14 pm

I've been wishing I wasn't autistic for 35 years. The only problem was I didn't know I was autistic. I was hating a part of myself I didn't understand, but now having been diagnosed my life has changed forever for the better.

Now I've embraced it and have been empowered by it. I giggle with joy each morning as I wake up so happy to have autism and now finally just able to be me. And I swear I will never again feel ashamed of who I am.

Suicidal_Vampire
Raven
Raven

13 Oct 2023, 2:30 pm

I hate myself, but not the autism, in fact I think it's one the best parts of me.
I'd personally like it, if instead, everyone was autistic; I think the world would be way better and more interesting that way.
And I don't think altering people's brain chemistry because they don't fit the standards is downright dystopian. Let's just make things better for people with mental disabilities, not try and eliminate them!

"Really? I'd like to meet him."

The_Wolf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2023, 4:44 pm

Personally, I would not want to be cured of my autism; it makes me who I am and I would hate to change from the person I have become due to it.

carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2023, 4:04 pm

I would like to be cured

But I respect that people have different views

Some of the previous comments shatter the myth pushed by ND advocates that all autistic people are happy with their Autism and don’t want to be cured.

The reality is a lot of us do and they are just the ones that can even express an opinion.

The truth is no so called invented identity has veto rights on scientific research that could potentially help us that want it.

Progress will continue even if not in my lifetime for those not yet born.

- George Bernie Shaw

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2023, 4:09 pm

I'd like to learn to cure autism. Would salt be adequate or should I use saltpetre?

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2023, 5:49 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
I'd like to learn to cure autism. Would salt be adequate or should I use saltpetre?

I think you have to use pepper, too, along with the regular salt. :nerdy:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2023, 5:59 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

I think you have to use pepper, too, along with the regular salt. :nerdy:

Mmm, cured autism.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う