Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 12:36 pm

This video is brilliant. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I feel sorry for parents nowadays. The have to put up with so much artless corporate trash.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

JVM23
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Aug 2017, 10:02 am

One point is put actual effort into it and be all inclusive. My viewing of animation may be limited (on account of social anxiety combined with the animation age ghetto (on the TV front) and fear of judgemental folk), but I do know, if a job's worth doing, it's worth doing well.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2017, 12:52 pm

I grew up watching videos from the Golden Age of Animation. I witnessed the Renaissance Age of animation in all its glory. I had hopes and dreams of one day becoming an animator myself.

8O WHAT HAPPENED?!? 8O

I think we're having an Animation Apocalypse. Or an Animatopocalypse. :(

The people who make Hollywood animated movies don't have skill or talent anymore. They don't care about making a movie that adults love just as much as kids.

You wouldn't know it from the bright sunny summer day if you looked outside my window right now, but it's a dark, dark world out there. :(

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 7:51 am

hmm. so, the guy who made the video wants people to share it... why? because he gets money from advertising? -

but apart from the slight hypocrisy, he is definitely right. BUT: there isn't much money in film production anymore, it's a winner take all situation. .... and there's 300 hours of entertainment being uploaded to youtube every minute.

the question is: why bother? make some money and buy a big piece of land in a part of the world that'll profit from climate change, like northern canada.

there's worse things these days than the decline of animation- or, long form, closed-narrative arts for that matter.
no one reads novels anymore either.

dark times indeed- so, let's put our effort into creating virtual worlds, so we have a place to go that's nice.

edit: I am, btw., an animator. Since graduating, I haven't done anything better than what I did at college, both technically and storytelling wise. I wish I had become an engineer...