Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 3:22 pm

What is your ideal date? This is mine:

-Showing up at my door on time with a Snorlax plushie and a smile
-Go out to eat some sushi or Italian food
-Drive around and listen to bands with both like and dedicating songs to each other
-Let me call my mom and tell her how much fun we are having
-Be a gentleman but be don't be afraid to laugh at my potty humor jokes
-Talk about Pokemon, vocaloid, anime and Tekken with me. Street Fighter is also a good topic.

My expectations are too high...

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 4:27 pm

I think dedicating songs to each other on the first date is a bit much, and calling your mum is a bit rude (call her briefly from the toilet if you must). Things like that could well put a guy off so you probably are better adjusting your expectations. Similarly it's great if you can find someone that has all your same interests but that is also unrealistic. Having at least one thing in common to talk about is great, but also expect to talk about their interests and what they like, not just about yourself and your own interests as that is also off-putting to a guy.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2017, 3:53 pm

Ideal overall date, or ideal first date? The two are not the same.

Ideal first date would be something small scale and low-pressure, like a coffee shop or a café I know. Neutral ground. Depending on how well I know her beforehand, I want to test the waters and see if something between us warrants a deeper examination. If there's nothing there, we'll both pay our tabs and go our separate ways. If we enjoy each others company, I'll insist on paying both our tabs. If she protests, I'll tell her I'll let her pay next time, leading neatly into a setup for a second date. If I enjoyed her company, but she didn't enjoy mine, well... I can live with being out the cost of coffee and a pastry or two.

If I really wanted to show off, I'd probably cook for her. I would take her out, but there's a distinct lack of up-to-par restaurants around here. Pretentious and expensive, sure, but none that really shine with their venue, their food or their service. Plus, a home-cooked meal is more intimate. A nice cold starter, such as a tomato and basil soup, can be prepared beforehand and served when needed with no more than a minute needed for a neat presentation. For a main dish, I'd deploy my heavy artillery; the slow cooker. Even a culinary hack such as I can make magic with a good slow cooker, a little preparation and a carefully selected recipe. Unless I knew she had some special preferences, I'd probably pick something hearty and classic, such as a lasagna or a bolognese. Some green herbs and/or Parmesan cheese on that for garnish. For dessert, my go-to would be a chocolate fondue with freshly cut fruits; grape, strawberry, banana, mandarin...maybe some of those tiny marshmallows. Easy, hedonistic and easily enjoyed while taking in a movie on the 60 inch TV I see in my future.(according to the size charts, that's the proper size for the distance between my TV-bench and couch :roll: )

I'd play some nice Jazz Noir in the background, I'd wear a flattering white shirt and some of my dressier black slacks (probably no tie unless we're going out), light some candles on the table and dim the lighting, and make sure to have a bottle or two of Sicillian red handy.

From there, probably play it by ear, as it were.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2017, 4:33 pm

Wolfram87 wrote:
Ideal overall date, or ideal first date? The two are not the same.

Ideal first date would be something small scale and low-pressure, like a coffee shop or a café I know. Neutral ground. Depending on how well I know her beforehand, I want to test the waters and see if something between us warrants a deeper examination. If there's nothing there, we'll both pay our tabs and go our separate ways. If we enjoy each others company, I'll insist on paying both our tabs. If she protests, I'll tell her I'll let her pay next time, leading neatly into a setup for a second date. If I enjoyed her company, but she didn't enjoy mine, well... I can live with being out the cost of coffee and a pastry or two.

If I really wanted to show off, I'd probably cook for her. I would take her out, but there's a distinct lack of up-to-par restaurants around here. Pretentious and expensive, sure, but none that really shine with their venue, their food or their service. Plus, a home-cooked meal is more intimate. A nice cold starter, such as a tomato and basil soup, can be prepared beforehand and served when needed with no more than a minute needed for a neat presentation. For a main dish, I'd deploy my heavy artillery; the slow cooker. Even a culinary hack such as I can make magic with a good slow cooker, a little preparation and a carefully selected recipe. Unless I knew she had some special preferences, I'd probably pick something hearty and classic, such as a lasagna or a bolognese. Some green herbs and/or Parmesan cheese on that for garnish. For dessert, my go-to would be a chocolate fondue with freshly cut fruits; grape, strawberry, banana, mandarin...maybe some of those tiny marshmallows. Easy, hedonistic and easily enjoyed while taking in a movie on the 60 inch TV I see in my future.(according to the size charts, that's the proper size for the distance between my TV-bench and couch :roll: )

I'd play some nice Jazz Noir in the background, I'd wear a flattering white shirt and some of my dressier black slacks (probably no tie unless we're going out), light some candles on the table and dim the lighting, and make sure to have a bottle or two of Sicillian red handy.

From there, probably play it by ear, as it were.

I accidentally typed first. My bad :(

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 12:50 pm

xxZeromancerlovexx wrote:

Not sure that warranted quoting the whole text, but it's all good. Also, I gave you both, just to be thorough.

And yes, I've thought about this a lot. I'm a romantic, so sue me... :)

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 2:52 pm

Wolfram87 wrote:
xxZeromancerlovexx wrote:

Not sure that warranted quoting the whole text, but it's all good. Also, I gave you both, just to be thorough.

And yes, I've thought about this a lot. I'm a romantic, so sue me... :)

I am not a fan of classic romance to be honest. I like having lots of fun and acting silly on dates.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 4:19 pm

For me the ideal date would be to go to a restaurant downtown followed by a hockey game (hence the username). Unfortunately, I married someone who hates sports but I always look forward to doing it once a year on my birthday.

JoeyFlash
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Aug 2017, 8:27 pm

Here's my dream date although it is a little bit unrealistic:

Drive to the beach early in the morning in a 1957 Chevy Bel-air and watch the sunrise and eat In-N-Out burgers with 1950s-60s doo-wop playing softly on thee radio.

It'll probably be quite a while before I am able to afford that Bel-air though :D

Who's there?

Matthew.

Matthew who?

Math you couldn't do unless you had an IQ of 184.

RikMayall
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Aug 2017, 8:38 pm

A midnight picnic under a full moon.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 10:09 pm

Just a walk in the park chatting.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 10:15 pm

Yeah....me too...

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 10:22 pm

I'd rather go to the hockey game....THEN out for dinner.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 10:26 pm

As for later dates maybe walk to a park at night and play on the playground or push her on a swing.

Eventually I'd tske her on a romantic weekend trip to my uncles beach cabin. Nothing like watching the sun set over the ocean and listening to the waves wash ashore . I imagine it'd be romantic to cuddle together. Maybe sleep out on the deck and enjoy the sun rise together.

I don't wish to visit it alone. It'd just be sad. Was always great fun and relaxing to visit as a kid. It'd be nice to walk the beach together or look for agets in the sand.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 10:27 pm

I had my "first kiss" by the swings when I was 9.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 10:33 pm

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 10:46 pm

^ not really.

Mine would have to involve water.
Maybe a boat.
Row over to the island and explore. :wink: