Page 61 of 62 [ 980 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62  Next

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2017, 5:28 am

Butterfly88 wrote:
komamanga wrote:
Yesterday my doctor changed my medication to prozac and abilify. Apparently my previous drugs were not helping enough anymore. Also they caused me to gain weight (10+ kg). To have a smooth transition I took half the amount of my previous medication yesterday and had a bad meltdown in public yay.

I hope the new med works.

Thanks! I'm not sure if they do, I haven't been feeling well since the change but I'm on the lowest dose so maybe we will just need to adjust the dosage as I used my previous antidepressant in the maximum dose.

Lost in the Stars
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Dec 2017, 4:21 pm

Hi

I'm new to the community, so sorry if my post is unhelpful.

I have recently been diagnosed with OCD, even though I've known for a long time.
I'm on sertraline and have found that it helps quite a lot with my obsessive thoughts. My head used to just keep going and going. It was torture.
After some adjustment to find the right dose, I've settled fairly well with it. Still have flare ups at times of increased stress when I can't process anything and they seem to creep in again.

I hope you are having some luck finding what works for you.

:D

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2017, 4:43 pm

Lost in the Stars wrote:
Hi

I'm new to the community, so sorry if my post is unhelpful.

I have recently been diagnosed with OCD, even though I've known for a long time.
I'm on sertraline and have found that it helps quite a lot with my obsessive thoughts. My head used to just keep going and going. It was torture.
After some adjustment to find the right dose, I've settled fairly well with it. Still have flare ups at times of increased stress when I can't process anything and they seem to creep in again.

I hope you are having some luck finding what works for you.

Welcome!

Sertraline was my first prescription ever. That med was a torture to me I had severe side effects from it. It's so weird how same meds can affect people with same conditions so differently.

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2017, 4:47 pm

It felt like trial and error when the doctors tried a bunch of meds on me. When I was younger, I thought there would be more options for anxiety by now, medication-wise. On the other hand, I've learned more little tools and techniques than I thought possible at that time. Those do add up.

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2017, 4:53 pm

Benzos work much better than antidepressants on anxiety but then again they're addictive and you can easily build a tolerance to them which is sad.

Lost in the Stars
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Dec 2017, 5:34 pm

I build tolerance to benzo's very quickly and strangely find drowsy medications take more to work despite being very sensitive to most drugs.
I've been allowed an emergency supply, because of the addictive nature I can only replace them at the dr's discretion.

I did have a horrible side effect from sertraline and it took a while to build it to a therapeutic level but luckily the side effect past.
Antipsychotics give me the worst side effects ever. Severe restlessness. I will never try them again.

Lost in the Stars
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Dec 2017, 5:36 pm

and thank you for the welcome

Butterfly88
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2017, 8:15 pm

Welcome lost!

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2017, 6:37 am

Lost in the Stars wrote:
I build tolerance to benzo's very quickly and strangely find drowsy medications take more to work despite being very sensitive to most drugs.
I've been allowed an emergency supply, because of the addictive nature I can only replace them at the dr's discretion.

I did have a horrible side effect from sertraline and it took a while to build it to a therapeutic level but luckily the side effect past.
Antipsychotics give me the worst side effects ever. Severe restlessness. I will never try them again.

I use Xanax but not regularly only when I'm having an attack or a meltdown. And a low dose of it works for me. Before I used several other benzos but they didn't quite affect me like Xanax does.

I'm now (since today) put on a higher dose of prozac and abilify. And also I was prescribed Trazodone HCL for sleep. Will see how it will be but right now I'm in a bad condition.

I've been on risperidone, sulpiride and now abilify as antipsychotics, only risperidone gave me side effects.

MariaTheFictionkin
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2017, 6:39 am

komamanga wrote:
Lost in the Stars wrote:

I use Xanax but not regularly only when I'm having an attack or a meltdown. And a low dose of it works for me. Before I used several other benzos but they didn't quite affect me like Xanax does.

I'm now (since today) put on a higher dose of prozac and abilify. And also I was prescribed Trazodone HCL for sleep. Will see how it will be but right now I'm in a bad condition.

I've been on risperidone, sulpiride and now abilify as antipsychotics, only risperidone gave me side effects.

Hmmm...this is useful information.

Butterfly88
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2017, 8:41 pm

I take Xanax regularly.

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2017, 3:22 am

^Do you need to change your dosage time to time?

I've been so restless for days now. At first it was because of the intrusive thoughts and now it's the hyperactivity that keeps me awake at nights. In this week the longest time that I've slept for in a night is like 4 hours. I couldn't sleep at all many nights. DESPITE the sleeping pill. Have you guys had such a side effect from Prozac or Abilify? Also I've got trouble with seeing even with glasses on, feels like everything is blurred.

Hypercoaster
Raven
Raven

16 Dec 2017, 2:51 pm

I disagree about antidepressants being worse than benzos for anxiety. I used to have panic attacks several times a day. I would take Klonopin when it would get really bad, but I didn't like how it would knock me out (I only took 0.125 mg, too!), and I hated the potential for dependence. Klonopin didn't prevent my panic attacks, it would just put me to sleep when I was having such a bad one that I couldn't function. When I started clomipramine for my OCD, not only did I find it helps a lot with my OCD in general, I got the surprise benefit of it actually preventing my panic attacks. It's the only thing that has done that. I still will get panic attacks once in a while, but I no longer expect to wake up with one every morning like I used to. Panic attacks are no longer a daily occurrence in my life, and I know that it's the clomipramine that has caused this.

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2017, 3:05 pm

I find that antidepressants work for ocd very well. For avoiding a panic attack, I find benzos better. Everybody is different so I suppose it would depend. I've never been on Klonopin (as far as I can remember) but I've been on medazepam, chlordiazepoxide and alprazolam, only found the last one helpful and greater help on panic attacks than antidepressants and none of them made me sleepy.

Masakados
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Dec 2017, 4:03 pm

Hi everyone here. This is a long thread so I feel a bit weird posting this now.
I've had my depression and GAD relatively under control but I've been having a lot of problems with well.. my OCD obviously. I should also mention that I'm agoraphobic so I'm worried it will really interfere with my progress in trying to get back into society.
I just thought I'd share here.

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2017, 1:18 pm

Welcome Masakados. Hope you'll find a way to deal with your situation.