Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

SGDragon
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Aug 2017, 2:49 pm

You know...Maybe I'm kinda odd for this, but I don't care who knows who I am :)
I spent my whole life feeling so darn...WEIRD.
Being aspi gives me a reason, and an "ok", to be myself.

I think being diagnosed with aspergers was one of the best darn things ever. It's not like a diagnosis of a horrible disease, cuz my aspi was already THERE. Nothing changed for the worst, and instead...Now it's like I have a shiny passport I can flash and say, "Hey, I'm not weird, I'm just from "ye Land of Autism"!" Kinda gives it all a good reason, and I can let go of "trying to be like everyone else" (not that i ever wanted to though, lol).

But yeah, anyway, whenever I meet someone first thing I flop on the table is "I have ASPERGERS, I'm different but awesome :). It is what it is, so like it or LUMP it :D."

And if they get a look like "oh, you poor, sad thing..." then I give them a brief (hahaha...) explanation. I mean, why shouldnt I, hm :)? Cuz' if they think it's sooo awful, they're clearly not well informed xD And it's not like I'm tyin' em to a chair, clothes pinning their eyes open, and making them watch Barney re-runs. Aspergers and autism isnt a bad thing, and i think its important ppl know a lil about it :)

And if they wanna subject change when Im talking about something THAT important to me, I smile and nod, and then I steer the subject back towards what I was saying. REAALLY graceful, like so;
"Hey, yeah...that was really cool, um...whatever you were saying, but actually...I didn't finish what I was saying...SO *re-launches previously skipped topic*"
And surprisingly enough, ppl I've talked to dont seem to mind all that much. Cuz I guess, once my "hot-air balloon" has been deflated (lol i laff at my own analogy) I give my full attention and really listen to THEM :)

...Speaking of hot-air balloons...I think I just sent one whizzing off into the atmosphere, lol! Kinda got on a rant, OH WELL. It's something I'm passionate about. Wheew...kinda tired now...

Um, k...internet tardo question here. How do you, uhh...do that thing where u quote other ppls posts in a box?

Anyway, to what IgA said. That's impressive, at least to a techie disaster like me :) And i agree, actual IRL chatting is tootally exhausting :p i go home and nap, for like, a MONTH. But myself, i still like it, cuz theres still something special about an actual person.

And, actually I'm wanting to go to school too. I wanna enroll in artsy fartsy classes :) Ive always drawn, made comics, etc...but i wanna learn to paint, and even get my "sea legs," so to speak, in fashion design. Not contemporary fashion, just my own, costumes or historical.
Also wanna brush up on my language studies. (btw, if u learn to weld real good, maybe i could commission a big, giant, metal yeti someday O.o rig some pyrotechnic flash and sparks (nothin dangerous of course) to it, a smoke machine...really scare the pants off some ppl xD xD)

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2017, 7:21 pm

SGDragon wrote:

Um, k...internet tardo question here. How do you, uhh...do that thing where u quote other ppls posts in a box?

At the top right of everyones post there is button that looks like this Image

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

SGDragon
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Aug 2017, 6:01 pm

SaveFerris wrote:

At the top right of everyones post there is button that looks like this Image[/quote]

pfft, ok. thanks :) hate asking those questions cuz the answer is always so glaringly obvious, ha. i feel like someones's GRANDMA in a 28 year olds body sometimes. but ive never had much chance to learn, i guess. and even when i did, i was more interested in other stuff <.<

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 6:08 pm

When you quote a post , make sure your type your post after all the txt that's already in message body otherwise things get funky

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

SGDragon
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Aug 2017, 7:13 pm

OH BROTHER, I STILL MADE A MESS.
Pfft, oh mah g. Maybe someone will see my internet klutzies as ...adorabley akward, tho?
Maybe? Hopefully...? (in a galaxy far, far away, lol!)

Lol, I kill myself \xD Ok, thanks much anyway :) Btw, i actually did preview post to see if i would look right, oddly enuf. looked fine then? Pfff, whaaateva xD

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2017, 3:34 pm

Hi! :D

I get nervous posting online on forums too. I used to a lot but got harassed (not on here, on other websites), so I often fear that that will happen again. I am okay at replying to posts, but have trouble posting my own topics because I'm scared people will think they are useless and be mean to me. I don't have a very thick skin, so a lot of things that people say bother me when they wouldn't bother other people.

SGDragon
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Aug 2017, 12:48 am

TheSilentOne wrote:
Hi! :D

I get nervous posting online on forums too. I used to a lot but got harassed (not on here, on other websites), so I often fear that that will happen again. I am okay at replying to posts, but have trouble posting my own topics because I'm scared people will think they are useless and be mean to me. I don't have a very thick skin, so a lot of things that people say bother me when they wouldn't bother other people.

Well you know what I say? That SUCKS. It's a real bummer that ppl think it's all well and dandy to harass and be mean. In my opinion, it's narrow minded, and honestly...not too practical, either. Shuts a lot of doors that a person may really regret having shut later on.

But having said that, I'm pretty sensitive, and hurt easily, too. Guess I'm kinda blessed (and doubly, CURSED) with infatigable stubborness.
You know...
The type that'd show up in a full-on KITTY MASCOT HELMET, if someone were to tell me my kitty eared hat was weird. I've no interest in pleasing the judgemental ;)

Um...Anyways, guess what I'm trying to say is, hope ya' don't let turdly ppl snow you under :) Don't know 'ya, sure, but I doubt the ppl harassing u before had much reason, IF any at all, to. Beyond having a bad day, or just out-right being a butt.

...If ppl are really feeling so cranky and frustrated, then they outta just buy some pink flamingo yard decorations, stick em the dirt...And kick THOSE around. Is what I say xD

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 7:59 am

I find the opposite to be true, I find online communication easier. When talking face to face with others, I worry about the things that could go wrong quite a bit. Especially with shop assistants, sometimes I have a tendency to go quiet when an assistant in a shop comes up to me and asks if they can help. A part of my brain just goes 'Oh no, I didn't account for this conversation'. 8O

Also, I tend to over- analyse things and see stuff that isn't there, sometimes I see a facial expressions as much more negative than they probably are, perhaps I shouldn't jump to conclusions so much. :x

Another thing about online communication is that I find it easier to leave conversations when I want to. I'm closer to the introvert side of things, so long conversations and social interactions tend to leave me quite tired and in need of some time to recharge.

This can be hard to explain to some of my more extroverted friends, as for some the idea of becoming tired after a day with friends can seem baffling to them.

SGDragon
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Aug 2017, 6:39 pm

I absolutely sympathize. Even a single convo can wear me DEAD thin and I'll need to recharge for like, dude...A WEEK, or more. And I often feel all those same things...Hell, I'll lose the ability to count five dollar bills in the face of a shop clerk, lol! I'm sure they're like, "dude...what's this chick's problem?"

But I still have a strong desire to go back "into the IRL fray", lol. Cuz' for all the bad, I still find myself exposed to a lot of good oppurtunities that I might never have had a chance to! I've met folks who actually envy the aspi mindset, and clarity...and applaud it ;)

But you know what, nothing saying my way is right either. It works for me, but no way saying it's everyone's "bag." And it shouldn't be...World'd be damn boring if we were all the same, yeah xD? So don't let anyone else's opinions change yours ^^ And hopefully ur friends don't criticize you for how u are, either...;( I've experienced that personally, and it BLOWS >:(

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 6:54 pm

SGDragon wrote:
I absolutely sympathize. Even a single convo can wear me DEAD thin and I'll need to recharge for like, dude...A WEEK, or more. And I often feel all those same things...Hell, I'll lose the ability to count five dollar bills in the face of a shop clerk, lol! I'm sure they're like, "dude...what's this chick's problem?"

But I still have a strong desire to go back "into the IRL fray", lol. Cuz' for all the bad, I still find myself exposed to a lot of good oppurtunities that I might never have had a chance to! I've met folks who actually envy the aspi mindset, and clarity...and applaud it ;)

But you know what, nothing saying my way is right either. It works for me, but no way saying it's everyone's "bag." And it shouldn't be...World'd be damn boring if we were all the same, yeah xD? So don't let anyone else's opinions change yours ^^ And hopefully ur friends don't criticize you for how u are, either...;( I've experienced that personally, and it BLOWS >:(

Oh hey, your username is also a dragon. Dragon respect to you, haha. :D

SGDragon
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Aug 2017, 7:11 pm

*executes cool "right back atcha!" pose complete with anime toothy grin gleam*

Thanks ^^ I think I'ma let ppl wonder forever what the SG stands for, too xD All I'll ever say is that it's not Star Gate, or "simple gruel". Not that that's all that interesting, of course xD Ha, that was alot of "that" back there xD