Anti-vaxxer a starting QB, time to give up on Dolphins?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

DevilInPgh
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 Aug 2017, 8:03 pm

So the Dolphins just signed Jay Cutler, an anti-vaxxer (with all the ableist baggage that the category comes with it). Forget that I think Colin Kaepernick is a better QB and is being blackballed. I feel like the Dolphins organization does not care about its autistic fans because of this signing. I almost feel like dropping my fandom for the season until he is gone because of the personal offense I take from this signing. Dad thinks I'm being foolish. What should I think?

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2017, 9:49 pm

DevilInPgh wrote:
What should I think?
I'd advise you to think that the Dolphins are a business which exists to make money.

DevilInPgh
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 Aug 2017, 10:23 pm

kitesandtrainsandcats wrote:
DevilInPgh wrote:
What should I think?
I'd advise you to think that the Dolphins are a business which exists to make money.

In other words, better to hire an ableist than a BLM member? Great, no wonder why the NFL (and the sport of football at large) will be dead in 30 years.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2017, 11:24 pm

DevilInPgh wrote:
In other words, better to hire an ableist than a BLM member?

No.
It's, "In other words, better to hire the talent which will increase your revenue stream."
It's purely mercenary, all about cold hard cash.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2017, 11:28 pm

The Miami Dolphins are a corporation, they are not social justice warriors.
https://www.bloomberg.com/research/stoc ... d=13639842

Quote:
Miami Dolphins Ltd., Inc. owns and operates a football team. The company was founded in 1965 and is based in Miami Gardens, Florida. Miami Dolphins Ltd., Inc. operates as a subsidiary of Dolphins Enterprises, L.L.C.
Miami Dolphins Ltd., Inc. Presents at Wall Street Conference 2017, Mar-01-2017 12:40 PM
Feb 27 17
Miami Dolphins Ltd., Inc. Presents at Wall Street Conference 2017, Mar-01-2017 12:40 PM. Venue: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton, 100 Fairway Drive, Deerfield Beach, FL 33441, United States. Speakers: Ryan Norys, Senior Director of Corporate Partnerships.

DevilInPgh
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Aug 2017, 8:11 pm

And that's why they'll go 3-13.