Effective ways of treating Autism and Aspergers.

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

BrainPower101
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Aug 2017, 4:38 pm

Has anyone here done oxytocin LSD MDMA or prescription Maoi's?

Researchers haven't yet identified any chemical imbalance related to ASD but studies have suggested MDMA was effective at alleviating some of the social aspects and anxieties related.

Serotonin is one of the main key neurotransmitters associated with socializing. Dopamine with pleasure and oxytocin and many others as cuddle or empathy.

There's probably many different forms and things including but not limited to heavy metals, different brain wirings, food allergies etc..

The point is if we can identify some and treat them maybe autistics wouldn't suffer from the negative impacts. I think MAOI's may be a good thing since it acts on so many brain chemicals possibly some unknown. Similarly to MDMA but with a different mechanism.

IgA
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Aug 2017, 7:42 pm

This is only my opinion for myself in the USA, for no one else >> I prefer to learn coping skills & deal with my sensitivities rather than take drugs, either by avoiding, reducing, or circumnavigating the things that cause me problems. It would be the same as people who are allergic to cow milk. They learn how to construct their diet so they don't ingest cow milk products.

If the political climate keeps getting worse, our medical treatments will be cut down to the minimum anyway. The civil rights of the LGBTQ community is being rewound & revoked. If they ever pass a health care bill, I know for sure there won't be anything in there about adult HFA treatments. You'll have to pay a guy on the street for those drugs you talked about. I'll stick to learning how to deal on my own. You don't know what the long term side effects would be. Find ways to take care of yourself, even if it means cutting people out of your life that cause a lot of problems (I cut my entire family out of my life almost a decade ago & it helped so much).

Just about a month ago I felt like I could die of sadness, because a couple of baby birds died that I was trying to save. That awful feeling eventually passed, as always. It feels bad in the moment, & then another struggle comes along, and another, but that is what life is -- a series of struggles when trying to achieve goals. Then there may be some time where the struggles are not so intense, but then they come around again. I have to wear a cloth sock over my face & a hat & sunglasses, long sleeves, long pants, & rubber boots when I work in my yard because my skin is very sensitive to the sun, bugs, plant oils, dirt ... everything that's outside gives me a rash. I figured out how to protect my skin so that I could work in my yard. Problem solving these things feels good - like sticking up my middle finger at my problems & getting to do what I want anyway.

anti_gone
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Aug 2017, 2:29 pm

I cannot take MDMA because my OCD is too strong and I'm afraid of any kind of brain damage (even if it would be barely noticeable) due to neurotoxicity. As much as I loved MDMA the one time I took it, it also took me one week to recover from it.

You could try other SSRIs like prozac, as far as I understand it's basically the same principle.

Other things to curb serotonine are light exposure (but beware of skin damage and skin cancer!) and regular exercise, you can find papers on that online.

BrainPower101
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Aug 2017, 1:04 am

anti_gone wrote:
I cannot take MDMA because my OCD is too strong and I'm afraid of any kind of brain damage (even if it would be barely noticeable) due to neurotoxicity. As much as I loved MDMA the one time I took it, it also took me one week to recover from it.

You could try other SSRIs like prozac, as far as I understand it's basically the same principle.

Other things to curb serotonine are light exposure (but beware of skin damage and skin cancer!) and regular exercise, you can find papers on that online.

Well, MDMA is indeed bad for the brain because it causes serotonin down regulation especially with frequent use, but maybe not if only a few times and that was the therapy intended. Prozac can help somewhat but it's not anything special.

anti_gone
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Aug 2017, 9:59 am

BrainPower101 wrote:
anti_gone wrote:

Well, MDMA is indeed bad for the brain because it causes serotonin down regulation especially with frequent use, but maybe not if only a few times and that was the therapy intended. Prozac can help somewhat but it's not anything special.

I meant it's bad for the brain because it's neurotoxic (the serotonin down regulation is another thing). I was once negatively obsessed about that, so I read every paper available on MDMA and neurotoxicity. I don't know about therapeutic use, though, it was all about recreational use (also, most of the papers refer to experiments done on rats, not humans), also the effects seem quite small. But since I have OCD I cannot even take prescription SSRIs because I fear brain damage :roll:

Quote:
I think MAOI's may be a good thing since it acts on so many brain chemicals possibly some unknown.

Aren't these the pills where you have to go on a strict diet? Personal horror for me, same as low-oxalate diet.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 10:50 am

Seems to me like you may be able to get the same benefits by participating in special interests that you are good at.