Boys playing with dolls and girls playing with trucks.

Page 1 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

NewTime
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2017, 11:42 pm

I see nothing wrong with such. If a little boy likes playing with dolls or a little girl likes playing with trucks there's nothing wrong with that.

Redxk
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 1:30 am

Agreed. I played with both and enjoyed myself very much.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 3:36 pm

I used to play with toy Hot Wheels cars when I was a little girl, but I also collected very feminine items such as stuffed toys and anything cat related. Usually, I didn't play with toys much at all, preferring to read books and play outside.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 4:28 pm

I played with toys targeted to female children like dolls and My Little Pony as a kid, but I'd also play with action figures like He-Man and Transformers. For years I couldn't understand why it was more acceptable for girls to like "boy" things but not for boys to like "girl" things. Then I realized that people both male and female still think girl stuff is inferior.

But if a boy as playing with a baby doll, that helps teach him to show caring and love. He may be a father himself one day, so it helps him to "practice". But you know the stigma. Just look at all the hate towards "bronies", although that may be dying down, now.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 5:05 pm

I have no problem with it at all. I feel that kids should be able to play with whatever toys they wish.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 6:22 pm

I think kids should be allowed to play with the toys of their choice regardless of what sex the toys are "meant" for.

I mostly played with plushies and cars when I was little.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 6:27 pm

I don't like the idea of certain toys being for certain genders....I certainly didn't stick to 'girl toys' sure I had some my little pony figures, barbies, dolls and I also had action figures a lot of ninja turtles ones(I wish I would have held on to those) and cars.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 8:50 pm

I didn't generally like dolls at all, certainly not Barbie dolls. They were plastic and fake. I collected cat-related items and had a couple of toy horses as well.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 7:37 pm

I played with both.

While most of my toys and play was feminine-based, ie I liked dolls, doll houses, etc, I was also interested in Matchbox and Tonka toy cars. I thought the little diecast exact replicas were really neat, and I used to vroom vroom them around the room. I didn't collect them per se -- just wanted the ones I liked the looks of asthetically.

I had a bit of an obsession with cars in general - I made shoebox cars for my dolls in the era before they manufactured many accessories. I made grocery box cars for myself, out of the large ones.

I used to look at parked cars and note what kind they were, and if they had an unusual license plate number I could make a name out of. I assigned them personalities. I couldn't wait to drive, myself. When I turned 18 I specifically asked my mother for a birthday present of "Readers Digest Book of the Car." It was a massive, thick book, wall to wall car mechanics, like a chapter each on how every single part worked. I read it cover to cover!

Yet I was a feminine girl interested in all the girly things too.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 10:37 pm

When I was little i used to play with cars, i had a toy VW car which i even took to bed. :D
I didn't like those baby dolls they looked creepy to me, later on i played with Barbie dolls which were much nicer than some other dolls and recently got a malibu Barbie which i wanted ever since I was a little girl.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

19 Aug 2017, 12:54 am

I rathered play dolls with the girls during recess because the boys were meaner towards me & usually playing sports which I hated. Dolls aren't that much different from action figures.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

LaurenLissa
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Aug 2017, 1:13 am

As an early childhood educator, I'm very serious about allowing boys and girls to play with whatever they like, be it certain colors, dress-up clothes, building materials, etc. I also try very hard to never separate them by sex, i.e. "Boys over here, girls over there."

Personally, I mostly played with girl toys, but I did love my brother's legos and K'nex. I also got into gaming in lower elementary school, while most of my girl friends could have cared less.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 2:25 am

I played both. Treasured both.
Tend to broke both kinds of toys.
And took apart both of it. :lol:
Then hated both of it.

Of course I was quite aware of this feminine and masculine toys -- except I really didn't care. I just don't understand why it's inappropriate. Kinda one of the reasons why people mistook me for a tomboy.

I prefer unisex, without themes of characters or whatsoever, and practical.
And, I tend to build something out of something else, like origami blocks or square sponges for blocks. It's like having arts and crafts project for a toy except the act of arts and crafts itself IS how I play things.
Or have something else for a toy that isn't meant to be a toy like, say, tools whether it's dangerous or not, or even my own hair and fingers. :lol: Usually I used them as a doll or pretend play with something that had barely or aren't meant to had a face on it.

Maybe, in my own part, I don't like associating characters that had already associated with something else (characters). So I end up creating my own without a name or a face or any symbol for or as is to the point it could've been as crazy as surrealism.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 2:36 am

neither boys nor girls should play with trucks until they have their licenses.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Spycraft
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

04 Jan 2018, 4:24 am

As a kid I hated that they separated girls and boys toys. The girls side was a nauseating sea of pink that I had to cross to get to my preferred toys.

Growing up in the 90s people didn't make such a big deal about what I played with (they did a little) but what I wore, what my interests were and my hairstyle. I've been a transgender male since I was about 4-5. I've been trying to look and act how I felt comfortable since that time but it was discouraged and mocked, so I'm so happy to see people doing away with gender labels for toys.

You don't know how disheartening it is for a little kid to find out that people don't want them to be themselves. I got a lot of people trying to make me NT and gendering me too. It's no wonder I don't trust many people these days or take their opinion seriously. Or at worst, even like them.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2018, 4:57 am

Most boys play with dolls all the time. They're called "auction figures" but they're dolls nonetheless.