Boys playing with dolls and girls playing with trucks.

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2018, 4:57 am

Most boys play with dolls all the time. They're called "auction figures" but they're dolls nonetheless.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2018, 4:14 pm

^Yeah, they just called them 'action figures" so boys would actually play with them without feeling emasculated. But if it resembles a human or humanoid creature, then it's really a doll. :P

The first GI Joe dolls were not only called action figures for that reason but they tried to make the character as rugged and many as possible, even giving a scar on his face. I even once heard they put the thumbnail on one of his hands upside-down on purpose to avoid having cheap bootlegs being made. Although I think GI Joe was originally more of an adventurer than a soldier.

In fact maybe even stuffed animals are technically dolls, and it's okay for boys to play with stuffed animals.

There are new Baby Alive dolls that are boys now, and the talking BA dolls, male or female, can now call their "parent" daddy as well as mommy with a switch on their back. :)

MidnightMoon
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2018, 5:36 pm

I'll put it this way. If I had a son and he wanted to play with dolls, I think I'd ship him off to military school to get some sense knocked into him.

Why yes, I am a conservative.

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2018, 5:49 pm

I played hot wheels with my brother and he played dolls with me.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2018, 9:05 pm

I played with cars when I was little, even took my favourite toy car to bed with me :D I didn't like those baby dolls they're creepy looking.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2018, 9:17 pm

I figure girls playing with toy cars was just a "tom-boy" thing no one cared about as long as she started acting more "lady like" by a certain age.

Dimples123
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Oct 2019, 2:25 pm

At the end of the day you're just upset over plastic.