Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

B19
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 1:52 am

I hope this concept catches on and expands across the world like wildfire. Mentorship is valuable for most people and even more so for "outsiders" in minority groups:

http://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/news/glasg ... 3463915#IC

rowan_nichol
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 3:42 am

Quick skim read - sounds a good idea.

Also, it struck me that mentors did not necessarily need to be in the same city.
The common factors are the Autistic profiles probably more than location.
There is probably a significant fraction of autistic people finding face to face difficult but communication in writing much easier, so there may be little real difficulty matching people with mentors not necessarily in the same place but able to communicate by letter and e-mail etc.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 4:51 am

You are on to something there, too.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 5:07 am

I so need this, in the form of an advocate who could physically accompany me to my landlord's office in order to help me discuss things with them, and have someone to witness the conversation and to support me so that I'm not there alone having verbal rings run around me by the two very defensive and articulate landlords and their staff.

The last time I had to go to the office -- to deal, in fact, with a false accusation from a corrupt member of staff -- it was a nightmare for me.