Baltimore: ALL Confederate Statues Have Now Been Removed

Page 1 of 57 [ 902 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 57  Next

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 8:41 am

Actually, it seems that only the OUTSIDE ones have been removed, at-this-point----and, that there are still INSIDE ones, in various government buildings.

http://www.wbaltv.com/article/crews-remove-confederate-statues-in-baltimore-overnight/12017831

WBAL-TV Baltimore wrote:
Crews started getting ready around midnight Tuesday. By 3 a.m., a crane hoisted the monument from its pedestal. By 3:45 a.m., the monument was transferred to a flatbed truck.
It was not immediately known where the monuments were going.
Mayor Catherine Pugh has said that she has talked with contractors about logistics, contacted the Maryland Historical Trust for permissions and identified Confederate cemeteries to send some statues to.

This is just really sad to me----not only because these statues were erected, in the memory of lives lost; but, also, because they're ART, and I just don't think they should be destroyed (although, this article seems to suggest that it's POSSIBLE that the statues will be transferred to Confederate cemetaries, and I feel alot better, about that).

They interviewed a black lady, last night----when it was only thought, that they were VOTING on taking them, down----and she said that she thought that they should NOT be taken-down, cuz they're history, and that we should ensure that people are taught, about it. She is one of the smartest people whoever lived, IMO, because this is an issue that could have affected her, in a totally different way, but she chose to look at it, from another angle----and, I say "KUDOS, to her!!".

On the local news, this morning, they showed alot of people who were going to the various locations, and actually, like, "mourning" the loss.....

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 8:45 am

Well they definitely shouldn't stop there. Tear it all down and burn it.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 9:27 am

/\ LOL Alright, now.....

This, what seems to be an uprising, is getting really serious.....

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 10:58 am

Fahrenheit 451 all the way!

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 11:30 am

Exclusive video of the mayor of Baltimore reporting on his private meeting with the Antifa leadership, who have promised that once these statues are removed, there will be no further troubles. "The settlement of the statue problem, which has now been achieved, will allow us to find permanent peace on this issue."

At last, Peace in Our Time.

There Are Four Lights!

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 11:41 am

Darmok wrote:
Exclusive video of the mayor of Baltimore reporting on his private meeting with the Antifa leadership, who have promised that once these statues are removed, there will be no further troubles. "The settlement of the statue problem, which has now been achieved, will allow us to find permanent peace on this issue."

At last, Peace in Our Time.

Wow. This is a new low. Absolutely pathetic.
By putting the mayor of Baltimore on the same level as Chamberlain, you are implying that Antifa are as bad as the Nazis ... even though Antifa is an explicitly anti-Nazi organisation.

The conservatives tears in this thread are delicious. :lol:

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 11:41 am

I think it makes sense not to have those monuments up outside in public areas as that can seem to sort of glorify it. But also I certainly don't think all the confederates were 'evil' many where just regular people of their time and it is a part of history, so not sure I agree with destroying said statues. I think the museum idea is good, as they can be displayed in an educational sort of sense.

But at the same time after that car ramming incident, I can see why some people are heated enough to want the things smashed. Also I think smashing a statue is less bad than killing people in vehicular homicide. Either way though I think the best route is to put them in a muesuem...get them out of public space that is there for everyone to enjoy.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 11:43 am

EzraS wrote:

Even then they will have killed a statue, not a living person so far.

Death Toll
# killed by white supremacists:1
# killed by anti-white supremacist protestors:0

so far.

Shrapnel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 12:56 pm

I don't know, they also took down a statue of Roger B. Taney, a Supreme Court chief justice who, while not even a confederate himself, wrote the proslavery Dred Scott decision in 1857.

It's not just confederates they're targeting, it's anyone with an unpopular opinion coupled with a statue.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 1:02 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Even then they will have killed a statue, not a living person so far.

Death Toll
# killed by white supremacists:1
# killed by anti-white supremacist protestors:0

so far.

I wonder if some of the anti-white supremacist protesters were any of these people:

If so, then maybe the score will even out or even be exceeded by them. Because they sound pretty @#$! dangerous to me.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 1:56 pm

@Darmok (or anybody else): As I have limited bandwidth, could you please post the amount of bandwidth of the video you posted, so I can know ahead of time, if I wanna / can risk it?

@Ezra: Same goes for the video, YOU posted, please.....

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 1:58 pm

I don't think they should have desecrated Taney's statue, either.

But the Dred Scott Decision was barbaric in the extreme. It made African-Americans into subhumans in the eye of the law----at the very least, it made them into noncitizens of the United States.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 3:11 pm

That's one-time Exalted Cyclops of the Ku Klux Klan Robert Byrd:

There Are Four Lights!

wowiexist
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 5:56 pm

If they want to teach people about history have them put in a Confederate History Museum or something like that. A statue is usually used to honor something. If we want to teach people about history then why not have a statue of Osama bin Laden in front of the 9/11 memorial, or have statues of all of the terrorists involved in the attack?

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 6:51 pm

The statues are a part of history, no matter what they represent. I may not agree with revering them, but they should at least be preserved in some manner. I think in place of the statues, they should have memorial monuments.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 9:45 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:

They interviewed a black lady, last night----when it was only thought, that they were VOTING on taking them, down----and she said that she thought that they should NOT be taken-down, cuz they're history, and that we should ensure that people are taught, about it. She is one of the smartest people whoever lived, IMO, because this is an issue that could have affected her, in a totally different way, but she chose to look at it, from another angle----and, I say "KUDOS, to her!!".

White liberals will dismiss her as being un-enlightened and insensitive to the plight of her own people.
Yeah, they really are that arrogant.