Antifa - freedom fighters, necessary evil, terrorists?

Page 6 of 7 [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2018, 3:22 am

Also, people need to stop conflating the concept of hate speech and incitement.

Tanker
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Aug 2018, 6:09 am

As soon as anyone needs to use violence and censorship to make sure their ideas are heard, they are in the wrong.

Physical violence is wrong. As soon as you instigate it, you are the aggressor.

Antifa is, to my eyes, a group of dumb, shortsighted, uneducated and brainwashed idiots. who will gladly commit violence in the name of "good". Meaning their perceived and imagined "good".

They are being used to push an ideological agenda that has plagued humanity for almost a century now.

The funniest parts of Antifa: they have become the evil they were so desperate to fight. they are destroying themselves(as i predicted) and as soon as you probe them for answers on how to affect change... they clam up.

They dont have any real ideas, they just parrot what has been fed to them, like good little drones...

They are not freedom fighters, terrorists or anything else. They are pawns.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2018, 5:20 pm

Are people now just lazily labelling anyone protesting against hard right politics as 'antifa' or are they distinguishing them from traditional anarchists and protesters?

Spooky_Mulder
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2018, 6:29 pm

Biscuitman wrote:
Are people now just lazily labelling anyone protesting against hard right politics as 'antifa' or are they distinguishing them from traditional anarchists and protesters?

Trump supporters call literally everyone they're against anti-fa.

People with common sense (most of the country) are already against Trump.

We're also getting paid by Soros. :lol:

It helps with their vast conspiracy theory of why most of the country is against their orange ogre.

Hyeokgeose
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Aug 2018, 9:19 pm

Biscuitman wrote:

I can tell you, as a political activist, no, on the right most of us don't label everyone protesting as "antifa." Antifa is just that: Antifa. They're pretty easy to distinguish as they wear all black and belong to organized chapters (e.g. Boston Antifa) as a part of an overall larger movement that extends to western Europe. Otherwise, we do not call everyone Antifa, they made it clear to everyone that they are their own entity.

"It’s not until they tell you you’re going to die soon that you realize how short life is. Time is the most valuable thing in life because it never comes back. And whether you spend it in the arms of a loved one or alone in a prison-cell, life is what you make of it. Dream big."
-Stefán Karl Stefánsson
10 July, 1975 - 21 August, 2018.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2018, 7:48 am

Hyeokgeose wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:

I can tell you, as a political activist, no, on the right most of us don't label everyone protesting as "antifa." Antifa is just that: Antifa. They're pretty easy to distinguish as they wear all black and belong to organized chapters (e.g. Boston Antifa) as a part of an overall larger movement that extends to western Europe. Otherwise, we do not call everyone Antifa, they made it clear to everyone that they are their own entity.

thanks. I am in the UK so this is all a bit alien to me

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2018, 12:56 pm

Biscuitman wrote:

Freedom of speech is now a hard right policy? Good to know.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2018, 3:39 pm

Bataar wrote:
Freedom of speech is now a hard right policy? Good to know.

Free speech is for everyone. It allows us to freely exchange thoughts, feelings, ideas, views. Attack it and you attack progress, innovation, modernity. The enemies of free speech don't like it and only want their view to be heard.