Are internet friends better than real life friends?

Page 5 of 5 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Which is better?
Internet friends 51%  51%  [ 40 ]
Real life friends 49%  49%  [ 38 ]
Total votes : 78

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2018, 9:02 am

I never had many friends offline but there were times I had a lot of online friends. I had an easier time relating to my online friends & being accepted by them but there's LOTS of people online that don't like me. I also find I have an easier time expressing myself to people online than offline. That said I did get lonely for friends offline partly because I like the idea of hanging out & doing stuff together occasionally besides just chatting & playing online games. I met both my exes & current girlfriend online & I became a couple with all of them a while before we met offline. I got really lonely to be with them offline before we 1st met & before other meetups & I think they felt the same way. Me & my current girlfriend are aLOT happier & better off living together than we were online dating. I cant say which type of friends is better cuz it varies & depends the people I'm in a friendship with & if what we want out of the friendship.

You must be, said the Cat, or you wouldn't have come here.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2018, 8:58 am

I think there are advantages and disadvantages to both. I talk to my internet friends more often, but they all live far away, so I've never met them or been able to see them in person. I love my real life friends, but they all are usually busy with other friends and family stuff, so I don't get to see them a lot either.

Okkano
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Jun 2018, 5:20 am

Internet friends are good for first steps, and tend to be out of a much larger pool of people who are similar to you.
Real life friends are what i percieve as high cost | high risk | high reward.
Looking for genuine friends btw.