Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

sepia
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jun 2007, 11:36 am

i have now been gluten and dairy free since february. it is mostly my guts that have thanked me but i am also less foggy on the whole.

if you are going to try it, maybe consult a nutrition book and cook plenty of meals at home to ensure that you are still getting a balanced diet.

agentcyclosarin
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2007, 12:18 pm

Whoever told you this was full of crock.
I rarely eat sweets and sugary foods and I STILL have problems, my brain's just healthy enough to register and sort things through. Than again, I'm not in as much of a chaotic situation as I used to be when I was younger.

Cutting things from your diet is ret*d, dieting is also ret*d.
Eat balanced, get some exercise, watch out for saturated and transfats, drink water, ect ect.

Healthy in body, healthy in mind. AS or not.

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

02 Jun 2007, 12:19 pm

agentcyclosarin wrote:
Whoever told you this was full of crock.
I rarely eat sweets and sugary foods and I STILL have problems, my brain's just healthy enough to register and sort things through. Than again, I'm not in as much of a chaotic situation as I used to be when I was younger.

Cutting things from your diet is ret*d, dieting is also ret*d.
Eat balanced, get some exercise, watch out for saturated and transfats, drink water, ect ect.

Yeah, because we all have the same genetic makeup and all. :roll: :wink:

agentcyclosarin
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2007, 12:23 pm

gwenevyn wrote:
Yeah, because we all have the same genetic makeup and all. :roll: :wink:

Indeed, there's a good number of people who may well have to eat wheat for fiber or such, special diets, ect. Body problems prevents some from disgusting things in ways others can, ect. Wheat is good for you, its the starched BS thats a bad attempt of being bread full of bleached products and junk you can't even pronounce let alone know what the hell it is that are bad for you.

Typical understanding of whats natural and whats not so great.

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

02 Jun 2007, 1:43 pm

That sounds a bit more balanced.

I'm not entirely convinced that grains are quite as good as the USDA would have us believe, but my opinion is not rigidly formed as I am still reading up on it.

agentcyclosarin
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2007, 1:54 pm

gwenevyn wrote:
That sounds a bit more balanced.

I'm not entirely convinced that grains are quite as good as the USDA would have us believe, but my opinion is not rigidly formed as I am still reading up on it.

No, they probably aren't. Whole grains like rye, pumpernickel ( I f*****g LOVE pumpernickel bread. ) and 12 grain, and high fiber foods are good for you (however some peoples systems cannot digest it and carbs are needed, if you cut carbs completely muscles deterioration will begin. The enegry from good carbs help fuel your muscles. So I have heard and have seen true but don't quote me 100%)

Things like chickpeas are also high in carbs and obscenely high in proteins and really good for you.

White breads, white pasta's, starchy sugary foods aren't good. Though our body does need sugars too, we get them from fruits and vegetables. However, if you like your sweets or your fats or whatever, don't cut them completely. One slice of pie ( being obscenely hypocritical here, but than I don't like sweets anyways) will not kill you.

If you're eating cheeseburgers with hot fudge sundaes, having 6 lumps of sugar in an ounce of tea and downing fake grains and bleached products of course you're going to feel and think like s**t.

Thats a bit of a given.

fresco
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2007, 2:21 pm

I tried a wheat-free, yeast free dairy free and sugar free diet a couple of years ago. Felt much cleaner, my skin was amazing but I became agitated and very depressed.

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

02 Jun 2007, 2:34 pm

fresco wrote:
I tried a wheat-free, yeast free dairy free and sugar free diet a couple of years ago. Felt much cleaner, my skin was amazing but I became agitated and very depressed.

Did you ever figure out what caused the negative symptoms? How long were you on the diet?