Measure to force the President to undergo a mental exam.

Page 1 of 9 [ 133 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 27,828
Location: Twin Peaks

21 Aug 2017, 10:06 am

Quote:
A House Democrat introduced a resolution on Friday suggesting that President Trump undergo a physical and mental health exam to help determine whether he is fit for office.

Rep. Zoe Lofgren’s (D-Calif.) resolution specifically calls on Vice President Pence and Trump’s Cabinet members to “quickly secure the services of medical and psychiatric professionals” to “assist in their deliberations” invoking the 25th Amendment, which outlines presidential removal procedures.


http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/h ... ental-exam

I say if he passes then the house democrats should be required to take a mental health exam.



Last edited by EzraS on 21 Aug 2017, 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Dec 2015
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,030
Location: New England

21 Aug 2017, 10:11 am

EzraS wrote:
I say if he passes then the house democrats should be required to take a mental health exam.

LOL. Maybe an IQ test too. :mrgreen:


_________________
 
There Are Four Lights!


kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2016
Age: 57
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,665
Location: Missouri

21 Aug 2017, 10:34 am

Maybe cynical maybe not, why spend the money, any money, on testing, it is already known that if it is a politician it is probably a self-centered psychopath.

Quote:
Research Suggests Politicians are More Likely to Be Psychopaths
Several of the characteristics that define a psychopath also correspond to the same traits that make for effective leaders. For politicians, this is especially true.
By Rachel Nuwer
smithsonian.com
August 1, 2012

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-new ... -11364143/

Quote:
In his article for Mind, Dutton compared Trump, Clinton and runners-up Ted Cruz and Bernie Sanders to 16 historical leaders in terms of their scores on the short revised form of the Psychopathic Personality Inventory (PPI-R)–a standardized assessment of psychopathic traits. The form was completed on behalf of the candidates by a seasoned political reporter and, for the historical figures, by biographers or other scholars.

The table below reveals each subject’s scores for psychopathy’s eight component traits.

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/mi ... andidates/

But then, politicians aren't really that special after all,
Quote:
What may be revealing to the average person is that many of the same sociopathic characteristics exhibited in the policy manipulators exist in the general population. Martha Stout, Ph.D., is a clinical psychologist and former Harvard Medical school instructor and author of The Sociopath Next Door. The article, Psychopaths and sociopaths share many characteristics: seem to coincide, cites she “estimates that one in 25 people, 4 percent of the population, are sociopathic. Dr. Stout describes sociopaths as those who, through grand schemes of contrivance, manipulation and deceit, seek to undermine and manipulate simply because they can.”

http://21stcenturywire.com/2014/04/29/t ... ul-idiots/


_________________
"There are a thousand things that can happen when you go light a rocket engine, and only one of them is good."
Tom Mueller of SpaceX, in Air and Space, Jan. 2011


kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 73,492
Location: Queens, NYC

21 Aug 2017, 10:36 am

I don't feel many psychologists will be seen as being objective enough.

There is considerable dislike of Trump within much of the social sciences.

Let the man dig his own grave, if it is to be dug.



Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Jun 2009
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,178
Location: Sherbrooke, Québec, Canada

21 Aug 2017, 11:54 am

Darmok wrote:
EzraS wrote:
I say if he passes then the house democrats should be required to take a mental health exam.

LOL. Maybe an IQ test too. :mrgreen:

Democrats are not the ones hating educated and smart peoples.



Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2014
Age: 59
Gender: Female
Posts: 25,953
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, U.S.A.

21 Aug 2017, 12:34 pm

EzraS wrote:
I say if he passes then the house democrats should be required to take a mental health exam.

Yeah, but the problem is that a narcissist (as I and many on here, feel that he is) is very skilled in being anything and everything that other people want----basically, with flattery and charm, and creative camouflage of their faults and weaknesses, etc.; thus, he would pass a mental health exam (yes, IMO, a psychologist / psychiatrist can fall for "charm and camouflage", just as easily, as the rest of us - they're human, TOO, afterall).





_________________
White female; age 59; diagnosed Aspie.
I use caps for emphasis----I'm NOT angry or shouting. I use caps like others use italics, underline, or bold.
"What we know is a drop; what we don't know, is an ocean." (Sir Isaac Newton)


ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Aug 2013
Age: 63
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,253
Location: Long Island, New York

21 Aug 2017, 1:16 pm

Maybe he ought to be tested to see if his claim of being ok down there is Fake News(sarcasm)


_________________
Professionally Identified and joined WP August 26, 2013
DSM 5: Autism Spectrum Disorder, DSM IV: Aspergers Moderate Severity

My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person. - Sara Luterman


EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 27,828
Location: Twin Peaks

21 Aug 2017, 1:28 pm

Tollorin wrote:
Darmok wrote:
EzraS wrote:
I say if he passes then the house democrats should be required to take a mental health exam.

LOL. Maybe an IQ test too. :mrgreen:

Democrats are not the ones hating educated and smart peoples.


All the rioting and death threats kinda besmirched that liberal self aggrandizement.



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 18,394

21 Aug 2017, 10:42 pm

EzraS wrote:
Tollorin wrote:
Darmok wrote:
EzraS wrote:
I say if he passes then the house democrats should be required to take a mental health exam.

LOL. Maybe an IQ test too. :mrgreen:

Democrats are not the ones hating educated and smart peoples.


All the rioting and death threats kinda besmirched that liberal self aggrandizement.

Trump's conduct and that of the alt-right hasn't exactly left their already tattered reputation "squeaky clean"



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 42,189
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

22 Aug 2017, 12:32 am

EzraS wrote:
Quote:
A House Democrat introduced a resolution on Friday suggesting that President Trump undergo a physical and mental health exam to help determine whether he is fit for office.

Rep. Zoe Lofgren’s (D-Calif.) resolution specifically calls on Vice President Pence and Trump’s Cabinet members to “quickly secure the services of medical and psychiatric professionals” to “assist in their deliberations” invoking the 25th Amendment, which outlines presidential removal procedures.


http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/h ... ental-exam

I say if he passes then the house democrats should be required to take a mental health exam.


No, but if it passes, that same mental health evaluation should be given to both Democrat and Republican Presidents. If you're not an insane narcissist, as Trump seems to be, then you shouldn't have a problem with it if you're ever President.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 42,189
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

22 Aug 2017, 12:35 am

Tollorin wrote:
Darmok wrote:
EzraS wrote:
I say if he passes then the house democrats should be required to take a mental health exam.

LOL. Maybe an IQ test too. :mrgreen:

Democrats are not the ones hating educated and smart peoples.


A recent poll revealed how just over 50% of Republicans have a negative opinion of higher education.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 27,828
Location: Twin Peaks

22 Aug 2017, 1:39 am

cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Tollorin wrote:
Darmok wrote:
EzraS wrote:
I say if he passes then the house democrats should be required to take a mental health exam.

LOL. Maybe an IQ test too. :mrgreen:

Democrats are not the ones hating educated and smart peoples.


All the rioting and death threats kinda besmirched that liberal self aggrandizement.

Trump's conduct and that of the alt-right hasn't exactly left their already tattered reputation "squeaky clean"


The right seems pretty static. Whereas the left took a mighty fall off their ivory tower by doing everything they said the right would do and doing it to astounding extremes.



EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 27,828
Location: Twin Peaks

22 Aug 2017, 1:52 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Tollorin wrote:
Darmok wrote:
EzraS wrote:
I say if he passes then the house democrats should be required to take a mental health exam.

LOL. Maybe an IQ test too. :mrgreen:

Democrats are not the ones hating educated and smart peoples.


A recent poll revealed how just over 50% of Republicans have a negative opinion of higher education.


Probably because too many people have degrees they end up not using. While having huge student loans to pay off.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 42,189
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

22 Aug 2017, 3:01 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Tollorin wrote:
Darmok wrote:
EzraS wrote:
I say if he passes then the house democrats should be required to take a mental health exam.

LOL. Maybe an IQ test too. :mrgreen:

Democrats are not the ones hating educated and smart peoples.


A recent poll revealed how just over 50% of Republicans have a negative opinion of higher education.


Probably because too many people have degrees they end up not using. While having huge student loans to pay off.


More likely it comes from a distrust of science, and contempt for the arts. One downside of populism that's often overlooked is how everything smacking of elitism is rejected, while mediocrity and just plain embracing of anti-intellectualism is embraced to the point of rolling around in one's own stupidity.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 27,828
Location: Twin Peaks

22 Aug 2017, 4:54 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Tollorin wrote:
Darmok wrote:
EzraS wrote:
I say if he passes then the house democrats should be required to take a mental health exam.

LOL. Maybe an IQ test too. :mrgreen:

Democrats are not the ones hating educated and smart peoples.


A recent poll revealed how just over 50% of Republicans have a negative opinion of higher education.


Probably because too many people have degrees they end up not using. While having huge student loans to pay off.


More likely it comes from a distrust of science, and contempt for the arts. One downside of populism that's often overlooked is how everything smacking of elitism is rejected, while mediocrity and just plain embracing of anti-intellectualism is embraced to the point of rolling around in one's own stupidity.


I've come to the conclusion that the left billing themselves refined sophisticated artistic intellectuals on the whole is bogus. Their depiction of the right ping-pongs between ivy league white collar businesspeople and blue collar redneck inbreeders who never went to school which also comes off as bogus. There's too many lib college grads with usless arts degrees, working at starbucks.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 42,189
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

22 Aug 2017, 5:43 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Tollorin wrote:
Darmok wrote:
EzraS wrote:
I say if he passes then the house democrats should be required to take a mental health exam.

LOL. Maybe an IQ test too. :mrgreen:

Democrats are not the ones hating educated and smart peoples.


A recent poll revealed how just over 50% of Republicans have a negative opinion of higher education.


Probably because too many people have degrees they end up not using. While having huge student loans to pay off.


More likely it comes from a distrust of science, and contempt for the arts. One downside of populism that's often overlooked is how everything smacking of elitism is rejected, while mediocrity and just plain embracing of anti-intellectualism is embraced to the point of rolling around in one's own stupidity.


I've come to the conclusion that the left billing themselves refined sophisticated artistic intellectuals on the whole is bogus. Their depiction of the right ping-pongs between ivy league white collar businesspeople and blue collar redneck inbreeders who never went to school which also comes off as bogus. There's too many lib college grads with usless arts degrees, working at starbucks.


But at least those people with those so called worthless degrees working at Starbucks have an appreciation for the sciences and arts that ignorant rednecks and business people who haven't read a book in years don't usually have. That, and you can at least carry on an intelligent conversation with them. I'd much rather talk about a literary genre than bigoted crap about how Muslims and Charles Darwin are bringing about the End Times, or be put into a coma from sheer boredom listening to how the DOW justifies lowering the minimum wage.
I myself have what you probably would call a useless degree in history. But guess what, I and the people I associate with wear our genteel poverty as a badge of honor. Appreciating literature, or an historical epoch, or the like is much more fulfilling than living only to make money hand-over-fist, or spending hours with senseless talk about automotives.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer