Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 6:34 am

Is it autistic to be presumptuous that people should know you expect a reply to a thread you've started? I know there's this thing of couching everything in terms of a question to get a response. However not every post that one would like a response to is the kind to be a question.

It can be very disconcerting when a post gets a lot of views but no responses. It tends to make me feel I'm not on the right wavelength. That I'm tolerated, but seen as an outsider.

Nuthatchnut
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Aug 2017, 6:40 am

Your posts are often on my wave length. I just don't always know how to reply in a meaningful way.

North1
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Aug 2017, 7:22 am

Maybe you could treat your posts as a standalone expression of thoughts and opinions. The number of replies a post may, or may not get, does not reflect your worth.

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 7:33 am

On most forums it's common to see people "bump" threads for answers, and why would anyone make a thread they didn't intend others to answer? So it's not "autistic", it's normal.

sunshinescj
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Aug 2017, 4:53 pm

I frequently view your posts. I was just thinking about how much you remind me of myself. I also have NVLD but believe it is just a symptom of AS. I often read the articles you post and forget to comment. Other times I don't reply because I have the same issues myself and don't really have any advice. But it's normal to expect replies to your posts. Probably more AS to obsessively check/worry about replies like I/possibly we do though I know NT's who do albeit mostly teenagers. You are a very welcome addition to this community!

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 5:16 pm

I would post back, but my own mental health issues get in the way, especially with some of your posts.

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine