Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

autism1022
Raven
Raven

25 Aug 2017, 9:25 am

i need fillings, crowns, root canals, caps, a deep cleaning , i will be asking the dentist program for laughing gas, liquid sedation and a papoose board too keep me still im asking for your opinion on what you would do the meds they use at the dentist school can make you loopy what will it be like and will it hurt also what should be worn will a pull up or diaper be needed some dentist ask you too wear one why i need opinions or advice i know i asked this before but no one really offered good advice thats all im asking for im 25 but dentists are so scary whats it like for your kids are they scared of dentists , do they get gas, sedation or papoose wrap, can you explain how the dentist work will be like the best way you can please any good advice will help me and make me less scared too go the dentist hospital program

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2017, 9:27 am

If you could, you should get an anesthetic that makes you sleep while they're doing the dental work.

autism1022
Raven
Raven

25 Aug 2017, 10:10 am

ok

soloha
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Aug 2017, 11:05 am

autism1022 wrote:
i need fillings, crowns, root canals, caps, a deep cleaning , i will be asking the dentist program for laughing gas, liquid sedation and a papoose board too keep me still im asking for your opinion on what you would do the meds they use at the dentist school can make you loopy what will it be like and will it hurt also what should be worn will a pull up or diaper be needed some dentist ask you too wear one why i need opinions or advice i know i asked this before but no one really offered good advice thats all im asking for im 25 but dentists are so scary whats it like for your kids are they scared of dentists , do they get gas, sedation or papoose wrap, can you explain how the dentist work will be like the best way you can please any good advice will help me and make me less scared too go the dentist hospital program

They won't put me to sleep and I HATE the way novocain feels so I get my fillings done with only laughing gas. I always tell them "I don't feel anything yet" so they turn it up for as long as I get get away with it.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2017, 5:37 pm

I have to be given xanax even before going. Then they put me to sleep. Even just for cleaning because of how I react. When I wake up it is like regular waking up to me. Sometimes my mouth is a little sore later on depending what they did. I always have a pull-up on for the dentist.