inattentive_lex
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Aug 2017, 11:33 am

What cell phone games do you all like?

Aspie score: 31

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 137 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 77 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

Kik: inattentivesquirrel
Feel free to message me on kik!

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2017, 7:01 pm

I have my phone rooted and many games I've wanted to play simply won't run with a rooted phone, so I generally don't play games on my phone. I do like to play the Nintendo DS Advance Wars games on my phone. I think most native cell phone games are terrible, though.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2017, 7:46 pm

Pokemon Go and Iron Maiden Legacy, except I got a new phone and it hasn't been working so I might have to just uninstall it try to reinstall it. I imagine it might not have downloaded right from the back up from my other phone...rather than this phone being incapable as it is a better phone.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2017, 9:52 pm

I like all the Papa's food games as well as Minecraft: Pocket Edition. I also have always enjoyed The Sims. :D

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

inattentive_lex
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 Aug 2017, 2:37 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
I like all the Papa's food games as well as Minecraft: Pocket Edition. I also have always enjoyed The Sims. :D

8O 8O
Can you pay with other people in pocket edition mine craft?? I have it on my phone and iPad!! !!

What is papa's food games?

Aspie score: 31

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 137 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 77 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

Kik: inattentivesquirrel
Feel free to message me on kik!

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2017, 3:20 pm

inattentive_lex wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:

8O 8O
Can you pay with other people in pocket edition mine craft?? I have it on my phone and iPad!! ! !

What is papa's food games?

Yep! You can look up a server online, or if you are registered in XboxLive you can do that too. There is an update coming out soon where everyone will be able to play with each other, regardless of what console/device you use! :D

Papa's food games are basically just games where you "own" a restaurant and you serve the customers food. You can play them for free on coolmath.com, but you can also purchase them on the AppStore.

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 7:58 am

I don't have a phone, but I installed the Java SDK simulator so I could play DOOM RPG, that was a pretty fun game.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2017, 8:00 pm

Oh yeah, I don't actually own a phone- I just play these on my Kindle or iPad. :D

Chloe Thomas
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Sep 2017, 2:02 pm

I prefer different Match 3 games like Smarty Bubbles or Crystal Express. Also recently I've started playing slot games. I used to play them only on my computer, but I found out on mr bet that it is possible to play these games using my phone. So, now I can enjoy my favourite Three Musketeers and Zombies on my cell phone :D

will@rd
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2017, 2:56 pm

:D I'm still endlessly entertained by Angry Birds.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 1:59 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
I don't have a phone, but I installed the Java SDK simulator so I could play DOOM RPG, that was a pretty fun game.

I enjoyed Doom RPG. I remember playing it all the way through something like 20 times back when I had my Nokia 2600. The sequel wasn't bad either.

After transitioning to smartphone, I've played a few games ever so briefly, but the only one I actually finished was Badland.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 8:42 am

whatamievendoing wrote:
The sequel wasn't bad either.

I don't know if there's a way to play the sequel on PC, or the Wolfenstein one...I haven't really looked into it, though.

I have Orcs & Elves on the DS, though, it's pretty fun (still need to finish it). It comes with a stylus that's shaped like the magic wand :roll:

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 10:23 am

I used to play games on my phone. Now I usually play on my computer or on my old game systems.

-LegoMaster2149 (Written on September 26, 2017)

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 4:34 pm

Dominations

Almajo88
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Sep 2017, 5:57 pm

I used to have an Xperia Play, the Sony phone with a slide-out gamepad and support for PS1 games through an official emulator. I played on that one a lot and had a bunch of retro emulators installed.

Nowadays I have a handful of games installed and haven't played most of those. The Sonic ports are good and actually pretty easy to play with touch controls. Enjoyed Castle of Illusion and Ducktales but, again, those are just ports. Dragon Quest VIII, KOTOR, Broken Sword, Phoenix Wright... okay, aside from ports, I played Yu Gi-Oh! Duel Generation for a while and the Rayman Run games were good for what they were.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 3:43 am

On the note of these, I'd just like to point something out: The upcoming "Appocalypse" on iOS.

In short, a huge number of games are going to outright stop working, permanently, when the next version of the operating system is released. Some developers have come around and updated their games to prevent this, but a great many devs, who have moved on to other projects, do not update their older games (even if they're not that old).

There is only one solution to this: Never update. Ever.

Yeah, it's a bit extreme, but there's no other option. I've heard that many players will be refusing the updates, whereas others are resigned to it. It's up to what you use the device for; note that OS updates are not truly necessary for a device's basic functionality. Your phone isnt going to die if it doesnt get the latest stupid update.

In my case, I have *alot* of games that would get forever ruined, so my iPad is not receiving the update, period. At some point, maybe around Christmas, I'll buy another one. That one can be updated and use new stuff that might not be compatible with the old versions, while my current iPad can stick around and be awesome.

Anyway, on topic: I have too many such games to count. I dont use my phone for it though, the thing is too small and I'm nearsighted. I use my iPad. I have a ton of bullet-hell games on there and other funky things.