Dating a Feminist (...and I still paid the whole bill)

Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

314pe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2017, 12:19 am

Chronos wrote:
Typically I am of the opinion that each person should pay for themselves when invited out to eat, unless it is made clear by the inviter that it is their treat. On many occasions, however, when I go out to eat, I have been in the position of the man saying he would pay, when they feel I am taking too long to get my money out, and I have also been in the position where a man absolutely refuses to let me pay. If someone tells me they will pay, I trust that they are doing it because they want to pay, not because they are engaged in some strange, one sided psychological war with me.

But you engage in this same psychological war. Did you ever openly told a guy that you expect him to pay for both meals or at least for his meal, even if you invited him?

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2017, 1:02 am

314pe wrote:
Chronos wrote:
Typically I am of the opinion that each person should pay for themselves when invited out to eat, unless it is made clear by the inviter that it is their treat. On many occasions, however, when I go out to eat, I have been in the position of the man saying he would pay, when they feel I am taking too long to get my money out, and I have also been in the position where a man absolutely refuses to let me pay. If someone tells me they will pay, I trust that they are doing it because they want to pay, not because they are engaged in some strange, one sided psychological war with me.

But you engage in this same psychological war. Did you ever openly told a guy that you expect him to pay for both meals or at least for his meal, even if you invited him?

I didn't say I expect a guy to pay for both meals. I said I typically plan to pay for my own meal but the guy often insists on paying. One of the few exceptions to this is when I meet one of my male relatives for a meal. We would trade off paying until he got a girlfriend and started bringing her along, and now insists on paying for all of us.

If I invited a guy, or any person for that matter out to eat, on anything that could be construed as a date or as me taking them out to eat, I would plan on paying for both of us unless the other person indicated otherwise.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2017, 3:34 am

I'd never let a woman pay for my meal on a date. No matter if she invited me out. Likewise I won't accept rides, etcwomen will eventually hold contempt for men over these things that most men do for women. I'd prefer she pay for hers though.

luminifera
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Sep 2017, 10:54 pm

Hey, ask her if she wants to date me instead of you. But I won't pay the whole bill, this time she'll have to split!