Is it EVER too late to achieve your dreams?

Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 7:27 pm

...Is that directed at me?

"HistoryGal"]Sometimes it is too late.....accept it and find a new dream.[/quote]

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Voxish
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Aug 2017, 7:29 pm

Do what you can when you are young. At 54 yes, some things are too late for me now.

I chose another path than the one I live now, but then I always did plow my own furrow.

BBC: Radio 4

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

28 Aug 2017, 11:53 pm

Chronos wrote:
equestriatola wrote:
With my recent post about me moving (and looking at my [eventual] Los Angeles move), it had me thinking- do you EVER think it's too late to achieve your dreams?

Me, NEVER. Even though, back in 2002, I jokingly said that it would take me 80 years to graduate high school and college (I graduated HS in 2005, college in 2013, despite the fact I am back taking IT classes), I am now like, it's NEVER too late to achieve your dream; right now, I'm working on 1) moving to the L.A. area (as I've said many times before) and 2) taking IT classes so I can achieve that dream of working in IT for somewhere in L.A.

Even though I'm 30, I am now hopeful as ever about my life than I ever was in my 20s. :D

It depends on what those dreams are. I don't think it's too late to achieve your dream of moving to L.A. and getting a job in IT, but if by L.A. you mean Los Angeles, you have chosen a fairly expensive city to move to and that is something worth thinking about.

Well, yes, I did mean Los Angeles, but maybe San Diego is more realistic for me. I donno. But somewhere in SoCal, is where I want to be.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 11:55 pm

I achieved my lifelong dream of working in a bank two years at the age of 40.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2017, 12:00 am

"You've got to have a dream.
If you don't have a dream,
How you going to make your dream come true?"
- From the musical "South Pacific."
I have a friend in hospital with stage IV cancer. He is saving the discarded surgical tubing and syringes for his next project, and working on plans for a milling machine to be made on the lathe he recently restored.

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2017, 9:04 am

If the post were meant for someone in particular, I would have referenced a screen name.

The thing is someone asks a question but often doesn't want an honest answer.

Sometimes one dream dies and we have to move on.

P.S. Having access to large amounts of money also factors into how long you can chase a dream. Meanwhile a lot of us are busy keeping our heads above water.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2017, 9:57 am

I'd say it depends on the dream.

If one's dream is something like buying a nice house and living in it, making a great trip to somewhere they've always dreamed of or writing a book, it's not too late as long as one is alive and somewhat able to move and communicate. I mean even the first two are possible for anyone if they win the lottery or something. Unlikely, but not impossible.

If its something like getting a big family of your own then there's a time limit. I mean if someone wants a life partner and, say, five kids, it's pretty much impossible if you're 45 (especially if you're a woman) and still lacking even the husband/wife. Unless you marry someone who has children from a previous relationship of course, but many want biological children rather than adopted ones.

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2017, 10:14 am

I would have liked step children or adopted.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2017, 2:29 pm

Say what you will about me, I will always remain hopeful in spite of how things may seem bad at times.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2017, 5:03 pm

I won't have children of my own now, but maybe I could work with children.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2017, 8:52 pm

Working on my IT degree has given my L.A. dream move a big boost, I feel. I've got ways to go, but I am getting there. :D