Page 2 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2017, 2:24 am

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
sly279 wrote:
EvaDoomGal wrote:
Was there ever a time when Journalism was good?

Also, ANTIFA is the reason I have a hard time trusting the left. However that begs the question: can the right be trusted as well or should be we just as skeptical towards them as we are to the left?

Neither side can be trusted. Best we can do is temporary use them from time to time to obtain balance.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Balance_fallacy

See? This is why I'm starting to dislike "centrists". The center is not always right.

Plus, the economic "center" has been shifting to the right over the last 50 years thanks to corporate propaganda. Our society has progressed socially, but we have been in a state of economic regress.

Disagree. Either side getting their way is bad.
The right would completely remove safety nets and let those unwanted people die. Survival of the fittest evolution etc.
While the left would strip us of our rights and freedoms so they can control us, after all they know what's best for us even if we disagree.

So corporate hell hold or totalitarian state. I'll take neither. Though really both are controlled by people who want a corporate totalitarian state. I'll stick with things how they are. Maybe try to get so,e horrible things removed. But o certainly don't want either party in control.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2017, 6:14 am

sly279 wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:
sly279 wrote:
EvaDoomGal wrote:

Also, ANTIFA is the reason I have a hard time trusting the left. However that begs the question: can the right be trusted as well or should be we just as skeptical towards them as we are to the left?

Neither side can be trusted. Best we can do is temporary use them from time to time to obtain balance.

See? This is why I'm starting to dislike "centrists". The center is not always right.

Plus, the economic "center" has been shifting to the right over the last 50 years thanks to corporate propaganda. Our society has progressed socially, but we have been in a state of economic regress.

The right would completely remove safety nets and let those unwanted people die. Survival of the fittest evolution etc.
While the left would strip us of our rights and freedoms so they can control us, after all they know what's best for us even if we disagree.

So corporate hell hold or totalitarian state. I'll take neither. Though really both are controlled by people who want a corporate totalitarian state. I'll stick with things how they are. Maybe try to get so,e horrible things removed. But o certainly don't want either party in control.

I am agree the right in control would kick us in the street and some of them would bully us to see if we are a "real man" or a "fa***t" snowflake.

As for the left I doubt people who think differently would do well in a society where speech and language is controled by the "enlightened ones". I think our atypical body language would be seen as uncultured or a microgression.

Not that now is so good, we are getting some hostility from both sides.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2017, 4:41 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
sly279 wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:
sly279 wrote:
EvaDoomGal wrote:

I am agree the right in control would kick us in the street and some of them would bully us to see if we are a "real man" or a "fa***t" snowflake.

As for the left I doubt people who think differently would do well in a society where speech and language is controled by the "enlightened ones". I think our atypical body language would be seen as uncultured or a microgression.

Not that now is so good, we are getting some hostility from both sides.

It's not that the right hates us to say, but more that we don't contribute so they'd be rid of us. People are naturally greedy they don't want to share, thus why social security was created.

So being both sides would eventually kill me I have no wish to truely support either side.

Now is far better them either of their idea futures. Though atleast with the rights future I'd have the ability to fight back against them.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2017, 7:21 pm

Friday night at UVA, Antifa did not attend and the Nazis beat the snot out of peaceful protesters. Saturday at the park, Antifa attended and the Nazis got stomped. You can have it one way or the other. Decide.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/201 ... world.html

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2017, 8:09 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
Friday night at UVA, Antifa did not attend and the Nazis beat the snot out of peaceful protesters. Saturday at the park, Antifa attended and the Nazis got stomped. You can have it one way or the other. Decide.

To me they both suck. Antifa has also started riots at peaceful protests.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2017, 8:11 pm

A peaceful protest calling for genocide?

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2017, 8:16 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
A peaceful protest calling for genocide?

If no violence is used at a protest then it is peaceful to me.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2017, 8:34 pm

sly279 wrote:
The left will assault you now a days for having the wrong hair cut that they deem only neo nazis would have, apparently neo nazis have a trade mark on all short hair cuts.

http://www.theroot.com/white-guy-lies-a ... 798509349/

Quote:
After a brief investigation that included viewing video footage from the parking lot, police discovered that only part of Witt’s story was true. It turned out that Witt had made up the part about being asked if he was a Nazi. ... and the part about the haircut. ... and the part about the black guy stabbing him. ... and the part about another human being stabbing him at all.

After a second interview, Witt eventually admitted that he had stabbed himself and made up the story.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2017, 8:55 pm

But now I'm talking about the antifia person who got assaulted by antifia at one of their protest because "he looked like a nazi" until another antifia said stop stop he's one of us.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2017, 9:16 pm

With no source, of course.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2017, 2:16 am

jrjones9933 wrote:

None of the above
Law enforcement and their political bosses need to do their job which is to defend the constitutional right of peaceful assembly.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2017, 3:00 am

jrjones9933 wrote:
With no source, of course.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/20089/oop ... stigiacomo

Videos at the bottom. I saw it oringally on Facebook hence I can't find the original source nor could I post it here as Facebook doesn't work that way.

Guy went to counter protest and got hit by the counter protesters cause of his hair style and piercings. Even if he had been a neo nazi it isn't ok to hit him.

Mean really holding a sign about peace trumps hate while you beat people for different opinions is a very big sign of hypocrisy. I'll never assault people for disagreeing with me. Antifia us no problem at all using violence againt those they disagree with.

Quite frankly I feel targeted by you, with the real conservatives(dox and raptor) gone you're not targeting people slightly right leaning towards of you. Why anyone would side with antifia is mystery to me, they not anything like the peaceful civil rights movement people on the left try to make them out to be. I'm going try my best to ignore you being as the ignore function doesn't work. Have a good day , hope you life goes well, as I know being an aspie is tough but you're just one person I can not bring myself to communicate with anymore. I have disagreements with few here but they also tend to be supportive elsewhere on the site.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2017, 5:16 am

You couldn't find a legitimate news source after all. If this one incident did happen, it was an isolated incident.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2017, 6:49 am

One thing's for certain - if the media, government, or law enforcement have 'darlings' on either side that they wink at while they arrest the other this whole thing will just escalate.

It's a dipole cancer. Cancer of course doesn't just show up on its own, there needs to be disruption of the immune system and in our case it's a decadent culture coming unhinged. I don't even necessarily mean morally degenerate so much as the specific 'decadent' phase where prosperity has ravished a culture or empire's backbone, the initial causes of that prosperity are receding, and it's on its way over the hill into history's scrapyard and to leave its ruins to future civilizations to marvel at as well as hopefully learn from it's mistakes. NeoNazis and AntiFa as far as I can tell are just symptoms of the broader sickness.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2017, 7:27 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:

None of the above
Law enforcement and their political bosses need to do their job which is to defend the constitutional right of peaceful assembly.

People are under this misguided perception that the government has to protect your assembly when you decide to make it, that's not the case at all, they merely have to allow you access to public property.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Nowhere does it say a counter-demonstration is not allowed to drown out your free speech with their own, nor is there a clause that says the government even needs to defend your speech against other people. The bill of rights is a contract between the people and the government, it doesn't apply to non-government entities, hence the reason a private institution can give you the boot for saying things they don't like to hear, but the government cannot. Take Charlotteville for example, the claim against the counter protesters was that they were trampling on the free speech of another group-- that's impossible because free speech is a contract between said groups and the government, not between the two said groups. The most the counter protesters did was march without a city permit, which is a safety hazard and possible fine, but it's not a first amendment issue at all.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2017, 7:33 am

Ignore Nazis, let them hold their rallies without objectuon outside of moaning about them to your friends, and their ideas become mainstream. Come out to peacefully protest them, and get beaten up without fughting back. Or fight back.

Those are the realistic options. I suppose someone could dislike the first two, and criticize anyone who chooses the third option. I would put them in the first category.

Lots of these Nazis seem like bored disaffected young white men who find it fun to punch down. Someone needs to make it not fun. Step up with your own actions, or shut up.