Girl Was Hitting on Me.... Did I Just Never Notice Before?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 10:03 am

As most of you know I am now happily married after a long, hard battle with finding a relationship. I was out playing softball and noticed quite clearly that one of the girls on the other team was flirting with me. She would crack jokes every time she saw me (and was silent around everyone else), and called out "Go Big Boy... I mean Man" when I got up to bat. I couldn't figure out why she would do that to an obviously married man until I realized that I was wearing some form of glove the entire day. She never realized I was married because my wife isn't a sports fan and wasn't there nor could she see my ring. She even called me by name later in the game and nobody on that team knew my name since we never played them before.

Of course, my reaction was that "where the %#^#& were women like that when I was single and wanted them?!?" but I wonder if being married and having plenty of experience at least with one woman means I am just not oblivious anymore. I guess my point is that it's very likely there was plenty of interest in me in my younger years and I just never noticed: after all, I am both tall and athletic. As a married man, I can now see the signs clearer and they are far more frequent than I imagined. I theorize women are more drawn to me more now because I obviously have no fear of rejection. Before, I was a complete nervous wreck thinking about talking to any woman my age. Now, I can be as carefree and relaxed as I want. Either way, what I wouldn't give to go back to my younger self and teach him all that I have learned about understanding when women are interested in you.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 10:14 am

Married men are always hit upon by women.

It's the "challenge" of it all.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 11:00 am

Quote:
theorize women are more drawn to me more now because I obviously have no fear of rejection. Before, I was a complete nervous wreck thinking about talking to any woman my age. Now, I can be as carefree and relaxed as I want.

I think this is a truthful observe.

I find single men hard so. They're shy and awkward and I'm always the one making the effort.

Married men will talk freely to me. Hopefully I don't flirt with them. It's not my intention.

I've had single male acquaintances get married and how they mellow and how they treat their wife makes me think, hmm I wish I'd known he was gonna turn out like this is have made more of an effort to get to know him when he was single.

It's difficult to know how someone will turn out.

I've also known men turn into terrible verbally abusive husbands and been very glad I didn't give them more time (I'm just adding that to balance out my observation). Yup very glad to be on my own than with one if them.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2017, 10:07 am

I don't believe much in those things.

It's just mostly luck.

Also you didn't talk to her according to your story, so it's unlikely to be due to your "more relaxing attitude".

She probably fancies your body and the way you play.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2017, 10:15 am

hurtloam wrote:
Quote:
theorize women are more drawn to me more now because I obviously have no fear of rejection. Before, I was a complete nervous wreck thinking about talking to any woman my age. Now, I can be as carefree and relaxed as I want.

I think this is a truthful observe.

I find single men hard so. They're shy and awkward and I'm always the one making the effort.

Married men will talk freely to me. Hopefully I don't flirt with them. It's not my intention.

I've had single male acquaintances get married and how they mellow and how they treat their wife makes me think, hmm I wish I'd known he was gonna turn out like this is have made more of an effort to get to know him when he was single.

It's difficult to know how someone will turn out.

I've also known men turn into terrible verbally abusive husbands and been very glad I didn't give them more time (I'm just adding that to balance out my observation). Yup very glad to be on my own than with one if them.

You can know how a man may turn out by dating them for some time.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2017, 1:36 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
I don't believe much in those things.

It's just mostly luck.

Also you didn't talk to her according to your story, so it's unlikely to be due to your "more relaxing attitude".

She probably fancies your body and the way you play.

You are probably right. One thing I left out is that on my first at-bat, I absolutely crushed the ball over the fence. Not bad for the scrawny guy on the team. In fact, nobody else even came close that in terms of power. My point still stands though: I knew how to play ball as a single guy too and this isn't my first time hitting a homerun. Same as my hockey skill: I am no superstar but I had a very famous retired NHL player tell me I was "really good for an 8 foot tall guy". Plenty of women watched my games but no known interest from there in my single days.

I did talk to her very briefly, but no more than any other player on the field. I certainly didn't have an opportunity to show off my 'married' communication skills. :lol:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2017, 1:49 pm

Many "scrawny guys" could be good hitters.

They can extend their arms more than big, muscular guys. Especially if they're tall.

It's really true: girls go for married guys. It's like an adventure for them.