Page 21 of 66 [ 1055 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 66  Next

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2018, 12:45 pm

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2018, 1:28 pm

domineekee, this might be up your alley. Similar oldschool flavors to what was on that Spring Heel album:

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2018, 12:59 pm

Here's a really smooth creative roller.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2018, 1:36 pm

Also really deep and interesting:

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2018, 6:11 pm

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2018, 1:39 pm

I have fond 1998/99 memories of Dj SS playing this at a local event and both seeing the mix live and having the tape of it when it was available from the tape vendor (an older British guy who used to travel to all the major raves).

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2018, 10:13 pm

Goldie 2017 touchup on his classic:

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2018, 8:36 pm

Something moody from 2005:

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2018, 10:52 pm

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2018, 11:11 pm

Dark dnb set from Kyrist. I used to think she sounded a bit like Alix Perez, I'd say she's going closer to Pessimist.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2018, 11:23 pm

Someone mentioned Djinn in the comments thread on Kyrist. I haven't heard warring amens in dark dnb for a while. This reminds me of how B-Key used to roll out 2004/2005 in a lot of good ways.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2018, 5:44 pm

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2018, 8:40 pm

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2018, 9:13 pm

I haven't really posted any drumfunk proper (at least that I'm aware of), it seemed to be strong in the mid 2000's more a side subgenre that was too rhythm oriented to grab most people's attention. Still there were a few standout tracks that weren't monotonous. Good go-to example:

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2018, 9:46 pm

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2018, 8:38 pm