Page 39 of 66 [ 1045 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 66  Next

SnailHail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Feb 2021, 8:52 pm

Found this Japanese artist named Towa Tei, he mostly makes House but has a couple of drum n bass and downtempo songs. He music really sounds a head of its time. Here are some songs from his album Last Century Modern which came out in 1999.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2021, 3:38 pm

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2021, 3:23 pm

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

nadroJ
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2021, 3:37 pm

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2021, 7:25 pm

Quartz has been strong lately. New EP out:

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2021, 8:25 pm

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2021, 8:29 pm

SnailHail wrote:
Found this Japanese artist named Towa Tei, he mostly makes House but has a couple of drum n bass and downtempo songs. He music really sounds a head of its time. Here are some songs from his album Last Century Modern which came out in 1999.

It sounds like he drew a lot on Krust. The cymbals from Warhead stand out in the first track:

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2021, 11:42 pm

Can't really post soundcloud on here but this is a mix from December of a bunch of new stuff ASC is going to be putting out, it's him going back to his drum n bass roots and doing what he's wanted to do again for a while (160'ish bpm atmospheric mid to late 90's type stuff but rethought for 2020's).

The differences seem to hit me mostly in the drum choices and kinds of synth pads used. Somwhat kindred to what Seba and Paradox have been doing lately:

https://soundcloud.com/atmoteka/asc-atmoteka-84

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2021, 3:53 am

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2021, 7:35 pm

SnailHail, something triphop-laced you might like, Mantra just dropped it on one of her recent RinseFM sets:
https://soundcloud.com/dead-mans-chest/ ... q-god-is-1

Mantra's mix in question:
https://soundcloud.com/rinsefm/rupture1 ... rd&p=i&c=0

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2021, 7:25 pm

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2021, 10:30 pm

Another good dj set, since we don't have a Soundcloud widget:
https://soundcloud.com/lostinether/lost ... de-weapons

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2021, 6:51 pm

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2021, 5:34 pm

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2021, 1:13 am

Wow, love this one.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2021, 1:36 pm