Page 55 of 66 [ 1055 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 66  Next

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2022, 8:27 pm

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2022, 8:49 pm

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2022, 10:35 am

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2022, 10:22 am

SnailHail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Dec 2022, 10:08 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
SnailHail wrote:
Just found out that Goldie is having a show tomorrow in NYC and they stopped selling tickets for it. Man do I hate myself!

:(

Was it just him dj'ing, Goldie's band, or was it Subjective? He's got his fingers in a handful of different things now.

Goldie was actually there, I saw his instagram post of him walking the streets of NYC after the show ended.

Good news for me, Goldie is doing another show in Brooklyn and I got a ticket :D :D :D

The show is for for 6 hours going from 10pm to 4am. Don't know if I can sit through the whole thing.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2022, 11:33 am

^^
And he's got Doc Scott with him as well - another top-tier talent.

On a side note, 10PM to 4AM, you wouldn't be sitting. More likely you're going to be walking around an open floor where people are dancing and you might have someone selling glow sticks, some other people selling tapes (if that's even a thing anymore). The schedule sounds more like a traditional rave than a concert.

Also my guess with the lineup Goldie and Doc Scott probably won't be on until after midnight (three B2B openers might even mean 1:00 or 1:30 AM).

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2022, 3:38 pm

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2022, 4:23 pm

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2022, 4:29 pm

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2022, 4:44 pm

Decoder dropping some more atmospheric and jazzy but still dark / minimal sounds (1995):

SnailHail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Dec 2022, 7:02 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
^^
And he's got Doc Scott with him as well - another top-tier talent.

On a side note, 10PM to 4AM, you wouldn't be sitting. More likely you're going to be walking around an open floor where people are dancing and you might have someone selling glow sticks, some other people selling tapes (if that's even a thing anymore). The schedule sounds more like a traditional rave than a concert.

Also my guess with the lineup Goldie and Doc Scott probably won't be on until after midnight (three B2B openers might even mean 1:00 or 1:30 AM).

Yeah you were right Goldie didn't show up somewhere between 1:00 to 1:30 AM. The show didn't end until 4:30am. I was there since the beginning so I was standing for 6 and half hours straight. My feet were killing me in the last 2 hours. There was an area to sit in but no one was performing in it and I wanted to see the performances. It was an awesome show though I was in the front most of the time. Goldie was going around shaking guys hands, kissing women's' hands, taking selfies with fans and dancing in the audience. He even gave one guy his cigarette :lol: .

I got to take a picture with him after the show and he told me he tried to not look in my direction while I was dancing because it was too funny and he didn't want to laugh :lol: . I was even showing up on the big screen behind him a couple times. The camera guy focused on me for a good 10 seconds one time. If I had known I was going to get that close to Goldie I would have brought my albums for him to sign.

Anyway I uploaded my recording of his performance onto Youtube. I recording the opening acts but I am going to upload it as a separate video. I recorded so much footage that my phone died near the last 40 minutes of Goldie's performance and I switched to using my tablet.

There wasn't any tapes being sold but I did buy a hat that says Junglist and a T shirt that says "Show Me Your Bass Face".

This was the first ever rave/electronic music show I've been to and the third live music performance I've ever been to.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2022, 7:07 pm

Epic!! !! !! ! :heart: :heart: :heart:

I see you've got almost 3 hours of video, will have to throw my headphones on and watch this tonight!

And TY for sharing the show - my guess is you might get a fair amount of viewing traffic.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2022, 9:07 pm

Also - ty for having a steady hand with the phone, for me keeping my arm up for that many hours might have been harder than standing in place (although my calves to pool up pretty bad these days at concerts).

Here's one from Metalheadz Winter of Content that vibe matches Goldie's opener at least a bit (and yeah - Blame's a legend in his own right as well):

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2022, 10:51 pm

31:18 of your recording:

Also 35:20 - DBridge - True Romance

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2022, 5:51 pm

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2022, 9:55 am