Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2017, 9:18 am

Voice volume control...

In my case, I don't have much a volume in-between -- it's either too quiet or too loud. I don't know if it's my hearing or just really my own way of modulating of my voice... Or both. Maybe both.
Like if a volume's dial is 0 to 10 -- there's only 1 to 3 and 8 to 10, and no option between volume loudness of 4 to 7. :lol:

For all I know, I spent my childhood on the louder scale, and then teen years on the quieter scale. At this present, I could barely get in between as few wrong turns of tones, it'll slid off to another.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

BeggingTurtle
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2017, 4:17 pm

This has gone both ways with me. People have said I never speak loud enough or I am speaking too loudly.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2017, 4:32 pm

Oh, yeah----when I was a kid I was always being told, things like what ZombieBrideXD, said, and "Why must you always be, so loud?"; but, I've, pretty much, got a handle on it, now (although, once-in-awhile, it'll rear it's ugly head LOL).

I TOTALLY think it's an ASDer thing----or, maybe, just, singularly, an Aspie thing----cuz I've got an Aspie uncle, who does it, and a former Aspie friend, who does it, as well. When the three of us, got together, my aunt would say: "I'm gonna knock yous guys' heads, together, if you don't stop being, so LOUD!!----you're giving me, a HEADACHE----SHEEEESH!!". LOLOLOL

Voxish
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Aug 2017, 5:09 pm

Thank you all so much for contributing to this thread, you have no idea how comforting it is. I have been told to "shut up", "be quiet", "turn the bloody volume down can't you" Do you know something, I think this is the first time since I was diagnosed that I felt part of a community, perhaps ever.

That sounds sad when I read it back, but that's not how I feel really. I just feel relieved and grateful

BBC: Radio 4

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2017, 9:14 pm

Voxish wrote:
Thank you all so much for contributing to this thread, you have no idea how comforting it is. I have been told to "shut up", "be quiet", "turn the bloody volume down can't you" Do you know something, I think this is the first time since I was diagnosed that I felt part of a community, perhaps ever.

That sounds sad when I read it back, but that's not how I feel really. I just feel relieved and grateful.

Awww, that's GOOD!!

You never have to worry, here, cuz we're all (most of us) just as weird!!