Page 1 of 5 [ 80 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2017, 7:24 am

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMOaRU ... -WahBkZqWQ

Hey everyone. So today I just had an argument with the right wing Youtuber, Naked Ape over a number over issues such as poverty and racism which I think is very heavy in the South. This guy is a heavy Trump supporter who hates SJWs and has around 143,000 subscribers and millions of viewers.

I was therefore surprised when he responded to my message to him about David Duke and Republican Gerrymandering being racist for targeting Black voters when he said:
"They're voting democratic because they're idiots, democrats are just p**** marxoids who don't think people should have to work for a living and the reason blacks are poor isn't because muh mean white people it's because 70% of blacks are born to unwed mothers. It's black behavior that causes black poverty, and demorats are just capitalising on guilty sh***ibs who've never experienced the ignorance and vice of the present black community to blame it all on muh raycism and gib more money fo dem programs.

I don't care if the republican party is literally trying to disenfranchise all democrats through gerrymandering, democrats are stupid pieces of crap and should be disenfranchised, and the only limit to that action should be the film of ethics that stops us doing things to you that you wouldn't do to us.

You're just some p**** ass libshit who thinks that wypepo are raycis and blacks need more gibs. f**k off, you're the reason why people are voting for david duke, but you're too f*****g stupid to realize it."

I was shocked by this, it appears as though this person was very blatantly racist. But more was to come. A couple of messages later he said.

"I have a lot of better things to do than talk to some marxoid cockhead. Also, family breakdown is caused mostly by women, not by poverty."

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2017, 7:56 am

That dude is too far gone to have dialogue with. When someone, either right or left, is like that and talks in 5th grade playground insults forget it, disconnect and go do something personally fulfilling.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2017, 8:15 am

Yeah, you're not getting anywhere with that person and never will. Also, being on the internet any argument you have with him will not be taken seriously, it will merely be used as a trolling exercise. My suggestion is to move on. Also of note, you're describing a 'partisan' site, partisan meaning people have already made up their mind-- he's preaching to his choir, not attempting to gain new followers. Therefore you most likely won't change the minds of any of his audience members either, so any effort on your part is just wasted time.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2017, 9:05 am

The guy is an as*hole, period. If were a Democrat/Liberal type calling all conservatives Nazis, I would feel the same way.

I bet if you met him in person, he'd be totally different from his Internet persona. People like that hide behind their anonymity.

Don't engage with him. It's a useless exercise.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2017, 9:13 am

This as*hole doesn't seem to offer any solutions either.

"I have a lot of better things to do than talk to some marxoid cockhead. Also, family breakdown is caused mostly by women, not by poverty."

This raises some questions. If women are the problem, how do we change female behavior?

Most guys like this don't want to change the world. They just want to use women as a personal punching bag, and hang around with other men who will do the same.

typical "MGTOW" nonsense

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

31 Aug 2017, 1:00 pm

it's not an argument you can win against this barely literate sicko. He won't be swayed or converted from his racist, sexist, etc etc way of thinking, even if he heard a voice from a burning bush. Besides, he's just seeking attention and seems to be succeeding if so many idiots subscribe to his page.

Rather have dialogue with people who have some kind of sense,and can support their arguments with some logic.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2017, 1:47 pm

Yeah sounds like reasonable discussion with this youtuber is impossible.

Hopefully he'll take things too far in his videos and end up violating the terms of service and get banned. Then he can cry about that.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2017, 8:09 pm

That's about what I'd expect from the far right. Nothing but strawman arguments.

SZWell
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Aug 2017, 8:12 pm

Yea' not engaging is probably the best advice you could get

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2017, 3:03 am

Shahunshah wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMOaRU-YsXVgU-WahBkZqWQ

Hey everyone. So today I just had an argument with the right wing Youtuber, Naked Ape over a number over issues such as poverty and racism which I think is very heavy in the South. This guy is a heavy Trump supporter who hates SJWs and has around 143,000 subscribers and millions of viewers.

I was therefore surprised when he responded to my message to him about David Duke and Republican Gerrymandering being racist for targeting Black voters when he said:
"They're voting democratic because they're idiots, democrats are just p**** marxoids who don't think people should have to work for a living and the reason blacks are poor isn't because muh mean white people it's because 70% of blacks are born to unwed mothers. It's black behavior that causes black poverty, and demorats are just capitalising on guilty sh***ibs who've never experienced the ignorance and vice of the present black community to blame it all on muh raycism and gib more money fo dem programs.

I don't care if the republican party is literally trying to disenfranchise all democrats through gerrymandering, democrats are stupid pieces of crap and should be disenfranchised, and the only limit to that action should be the film of ethics that stops us doing things to you that you wouldn't do to us.

You're just some p**** ass libshit who thinks that wypepo are raycis and blacks need more gibs. f**k off, you're the reason why people are voting for david duke, but you're too f*****g stupid to realize it."

I was shocked by this, it appears as though this person was very blatantly racist. But more was to come. A couple of messages later he said.

There's lots of vileness in the world and this guy seems to have a large stake in it.

I think what a lot of conservatives don't understand is that a lot of minorities would vote conservative if they didn't feel so disenfranchised by the racism which has overtaken the republican party.

It didn't always used to be this way. In the past, republicans were actually the more egalitarian party while democrats were the racists. When the civil rights movement began and northern democrats jumped on board, many southern democrats who were in favor of segregation...also known as "dixicrats" defected to the republican party along with Strom Thurmond.

It's interesting to note about Strom Thurmond. He was a very vocal opponent of the civil rights movement, and a very vocal proponent of segregation, but he had a half black daughter who he fathered with a black teenaged girl who worked for his family when he was a young man. This was brought to light by his mixed race daughter after his death, who kept his secret while he was alive to spare embarrassing his family. He had contact with his daughter, often helped support her financially, and paid for her college education, but little was said on the nature of his relationship with his daughter's mother, and many people speculated that he had raped her. I learned recently that this wasn't the case. I came upon an interview with his daughter who detailed her first meeting with him, and revealed that he and her mother were very much in love but felt they had to keep their relationship secret. It appears that Strom Thurmond was a closet anti-racist, of all things.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2017, 3:08 am

Chronos wrote:
..., but little was said on the nature of his relationship with his daughter's mother, and many people speculated that he had raped her. I learned recently that this wasn't the case. I came upon an interview with his daughter who detailed her first meeting with him, and revealed that he and her mother were very much in love but felt they had to keep their relationship secret. It appears that Strom Thurmond was a closet anti-racist, of all things.
That is interesting. People are full of surprises.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2017, 3:25 am

This guy is a typical specimen of the millennial contingent of the US/UK far right. They are a product of the protected "safe space" of internet anonymity. You notice they don't even show their real face on any of their videos. These people would get the everliving snot beat out of them if they acted out their obnoxious internet persona in front of real people.

Floundering
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Sep 2017, 4:26 am

My speciality used to be dealing with people like this, it is the TRUE art of trolling. Trolling is not the hate filled diatribes such as this idiot has posted, it is the use of juxtaposition and context to challenge challenging and wrong opinions.

There are a few stages in dealing with these situations the first i suppose is to decide whether this person is within your 'weight', its likely that someone like this would eat you for breakfast, especially as you have entered into a jackals den to fight a pack of jackals; not wise.

Fortunately this isnt a realtime situation, IE verbal, think of it as a turn based game, your adversary has made their move and laid out a good chunk of hate, bigotry and BS for you to get a good grip of and counter.

This guy will require a surgical approach, remember your aim is not conversion here, this guy is too far gone, your aim is to shine light on hate and give him a figurative bloody nose in front of PEOPLE ON THE FENCE. (if this is in PM just walk away nothing to gain.)

Detach yourself from any emotional responses, once you start to argue from emotion it all goes wrong and these people know that, facts are your weapons and detachment is your armour.

Carefully dissect each statement and counter THAT statement DO NOT blend your response, you can summarise later.

Use sources that do not open you up for ridicule, using say the morning star or the canary as sources would not help your argument, however using their own sources against them is gold :)

So by this stage you've crafted your response and you're ready to post..........STOP.

Is it worth it? Yep this guys a dick and he has you pissed off and you are right to be angered, but whose life will this tete a tete benefit? Will it change his life, your life or that of a bystander? Could there be something or someone who is more deserving of your time and energy?

Be the change. x

Quote:
Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote:
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2017, 6:21 am

marshall wrote:
This guy is a typical specimen of the millennial contingent of the US/UK far right. They are a product of the protected "safe space" of internet anonymity.

The op has taken their debate from a forum they can't control where they are exposed to views that differ from their own, into a forum where he is safe from opposing views, where he knows people will abuse and insult the op's opponent and such abuse will not only be tolerated but protected. Furthermore the new space is also one in which anyone who doesn't support the op will also be abused and again that abuse protected.

For example I'll probably be called all sorts of names when I'm simply pointing out hypocrisy.

So kindly please tell me exactly *who* is using "protected safe space" to further their goals?

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2017, 6:35 am

Chichikov wrote:
marshall wrote:
This guy is a typical specimen of the millennial contingent of the US/UK far right. They are a product of the protected "safe space" of internet anonymity.

The op has taken their debate from a forum they can't control where they are exposed to views that differ from their own, into a forum where he is safe from opposing views, where he knows people will abuse and insult the op's opponent and such abuse will not only be tolerated but protected. Furthermore the new space is also one in which anyone who doesn't support the op will also be abused and again that abuse protected.

For example I'll probably be called all sorts of names when I'm simply pointing out hypocrisy.

So kindly please tell me exactly *who* is using "protected safe space" to further their goals?
I would say anyone who has experienced a guy being an idiot to them has the right to laugh it off. I didn't exactly expect you to constantly agree with me, did I?

Wouldn't call this place a safe space. Their have been plenty of very right wing people e.g. Adifferentname and Jacoby whom post on this forum. I actually messaged Naked Ape as I thought his youtube persona was one that was different from his persona elsewhere. I was massively mistaken. Here was a person whom I wanted to engage in rational discourse with but couldn't. He played an idiot over again to such a level as to make Sean Hannity cringe.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2017, 6:39 am

Chichikov wrote:
marshall wrote:

It is a common play of many people to claim persecution of their points of view both left and right. But the fact is different points of view are allowed here and have been for quite some time.