Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2017, 11:23 am

https://www.thecollegefix.com/post/32248/

The College Fix wrote:

Financial Compensation, Affirmative Action, More Money for Therapy

Students who attend a wealthy and elite cluster of schools in Southern California are demanding various forms of reparations, citing racial strife and other injustices they allegedly face.

The various forms of reparations some students seek for the oppression they say they face includes financial compensation, affirmative action and more money for therapy.

At Pomona College, for example, a handful of black students have shared their Venmo accounts, a payment service app, with their peers, seeking “tangible capital … for our labor.” Their labor? A widely circulated letter that condemns “truth” as an invention of white people...

At the women’s-only Scripps, students have their own complaints. A flier hung there in March advises students of color to charge their white peers for “emotional labor” inflicted upon them — referring to the effort exerted when a student of color corrects or educates a white student in some manner.

“Charge for your services,” the flier states. “If you’ve decided you’re going to do it, at least get paid.”

My favorite, is the last bit, about black students getting paid to "educate" whites!! LOLOLOL

Like I said, there's a narcissist bred, every minute!!

BTW, if you choose to read the whole article (it's not too, terribly, long), I suggest reading the comments, as well----a couple of them, are GREAT!! Here's a couple of snippets, I particularly enjoyed:

** "But I have to say that the white is the only race I know of in world history who fought a war among themselves for the benefit of another race."

** [sarcasm]"The next logical step is for all whiteys to give up their home, property, and retirement funds to the blacks. Oh, and apologize each and every day before they die. Maybe tdhe next few generations will do the same.

There, you blacks and your snowflake apologists, will this do?"[/sarcasm]

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2017, 2:16 pm

In engineering college, people built stuff.
In medicine college, people heal others.
In "social progress" college, I expect they do this stuff.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2017, 2:35 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
In engineering college, people built stuff.
In medicine college, people heal others.
In "social progress" college, I expect they do this stuff.

Get real!! Unless a flowchart is made, entirely of emoticons..... You don't expect them to be able to actually read WORDS, do ya? LOL (wink)

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2017, 6:51 am

The more I see this reparations thing, the more I think it's all just a scam.

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2017, 9:20 am

These students and others like them will someday run the country. Scary isn't it?

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2017, 12:30 pm

Here's my thought:

The states are able to make up the difference between their state taxes from payroll and their operating costs through various kinds of chargebacks to FICA. If they close that down for anything short of emergencies and force the states to pay for everything of their own accrued taxes then sure - I'd be all for these students being placed on the UC payroll for their toil and services. California's earned such education.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin