Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2017, 9:25 am

We are approaching 2018 so we are kind of coming towards the end of the 2010s.

I personally hate the 2010s so far in terms of fashion and music. I thought the 2000s was much better.

What do you think the 2020s will be like in terms of fashion and music? I think the current beard fashion trend will die out in a year or 2.

NewTime
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2017, 10:33 am

The 2010s is already here. No need to make predictions about it. You mean the 2020s.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2017, 11:13 am

The 2020's will continue to be unnerving with the internet of things and Artificial intelligence forcing out remaining Analogue world thinking violently at times.

This is an Autism politics section type prediction. The Neurodiversity movement is probably at its peak will decline a lot unless the leading ND activists figure out how to appeal to parents of severely autistic kids and conservatives/libertarians. As I have written earlier Gene Editing will give people the ability to eliminate or significantly lessen a person's autism after birth. A better understanding of the Genetic/environmental causation will help identify Autistics earlier and Applied Behavioral Analysis will get better at intercepting the brain wiring of "at risk" people before they become autistic. With fewer autistics will come less Autism acceptance. These "cures" will not be legally required but people refusing these "treatments" will be thought of as people who made a morally reprehensible choice to have a disease.

Gene editing technologies are going to cause moral dilemmas not only in autism but in many areas of human existence.

This is a politics section type prediction. In the USA the millennial generation coming into power plus the gradual minorities becoming majority trend will continue causing more and more previously considered core American values and thinking to be considered racist leading to more violent clashes with people who consider the older way of thinking core values. This will happen regardless of what happens with Trump.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 03 Sep 2017, 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2017, 12:40 pm

Ivanka will run against Taylor Swift for president.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2017, 12:43 pm

^they will both lose to me though.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2017, 1:37 pm

My goals for the 2020s:

To reach Toastmasters highest ranking, the Distinguished Toastmaster (DTM) award. If I achieve one award each year on both the Communication and Leadership Tracks (I'm moving toward Silver on the Communication track), I could make it.

To attend at least one professional tennis tournament and write Denis Istomin's life story.

To someday get married. (This one seems like the hardest one).

EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2017, 7:32 pm

Politics will gradually become more moderate. In the US, third parties will become popular. There will still be antifa and neo-Nazis, but they will be on the fringe.

Social media will die out.

North Korea will be liberated by the US and China.

There will be a wave of nostalgia for the 00s.

Justin Bieber will join the 27 Club.

The NFL will get a permanent UK team, and the English Premier League will also get an overseas team, likely from the Far East.

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~