Why does Facebook have such bad stigma?

Page 2 of 6 [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2019, 5:03 am

cberg wrote:
It's not stigma, it's facts. They helped elect Trump, they spy on more or less the entire world in order to improve their profits, they sell anything they know about anyone & never compensate them.

For that matter, Mark Zuckerburg is not ultra-liberal, he's creating a surveillance state & undermining everyone's ability to learn from each other on the internet.

This is absolutely right. Mr Zuckerberg is not the harmless, eccentric nerd he puts on an act of being; he's potentially one of the most dangerous - and the most powerful - men on Earth, whose true colours have shown more than once. In his own words, people who trust him are "dumb f*cks" (asterisk is mine).

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2019, 10:19 am

The bad stigma of Facebook, CNN and that sort is more the general bad stigma from the international globalist capitalism.
They have destroy democracy. Its not 1 men 1 vote anymore, unfortunaly its 1 dollar-Euro 1 vote who steal the power and voice of humans.
How to solve this mega problem is not easy.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2019, 11:39 am

Stop calling him liberal, he's a totalitarian oligarch.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2019, 5:50 am

The word "liberal" have several meanings Cberg. I agree that de word liberal sounds to friendly for a thief as Zuckerberg. Although there is much wrong with Donald Trump, i agree about the fake news from several media like the CNN from Jeff Zucker. He show only the things that is positive for his capitalistic friends. Zuckerberg and Zucker make people blind without a mask.

JD12345
Toucan
Toucan

04 Feb 2019, 6:58 am

I have quite a low opinion of both Facebook and Twitter, but on balance I would say that the former is slightly preferable. If (like me) you are the kind of person who gets their blood boiled after a few minutes of reading idiotic posts and 'debates', then Facebook has more options to escape it, such as games, videos, messenger etc. Twitter is, to a large extent, one big lynch mob of ignorance, bullying and downright stupidity, and it has far fewer obvious 'side' features like the ones on Facebook.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2019, 12:11 pm

I've never signed up for Facebook with my real identity, and quit as soon as they required it. I only used it to look at commercial sites that required Facebook membership. I don't trust them at all to keep private things private. And you shouldn't either. We need digital privacy laws before I would even consider doing anything like that.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

04 Feb 2019, 9:20 pm

Here's an article about one FB privacy problem. https://techcrunch.com/2019/01/29/faceb ... ect-atlas/

Facebook pays teens to install VPN that spies on them

Quote:
Desperate for data on its competitors, Facebook has been secretly paying people to install a “Facebook Research” VPN that lets the company suck in all of a user’s phone and web activity, similar to Facebook’s Onavo Protect app that Apple banned in June and that was removed in August. Facebook sidesteps the App Store and rewards teenagers and adults to download the Research app and give it root access to network traffic in what may be a violation of Apple policy so the social network can decrypt and analyze their phone activity, a TechCrunch investigation confirms.

Facebook admitted to TechCrunch it was running the Research program to gather data on usage habits.

Since 2016, Facebook has been paying users ages 13 to 35 up to $20 per month plus referral fees to sell their privacy by installing the iOS or Android “Facebook Research” app. Facebook even asked users to screenshot their Amazon order history page. The program is administered through beta testing services Applause, BetaBound and uTest to cloak Facebook’s involvement, and is referred to in some documentation as “Project Atlas” — a fitting name for Facebook’s effort to map new trends and rivals around the globe.
There's more but I didn't feel like copying a long article.

Here's a petition to stop it. https://actionnetwork.org/petitions/tel ... llance-app

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

MannyBoo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 12:35 pm

When will Facebook become extinct like MySpace?

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2019, 2:56 am

I hope yesterday Mannyboo.
But im afraid they shall destroy for several years souverein countrys before they collapase.
I see Facebook more as a part of a bigger problem.
The globalist-capitalism i see as the big problem. They infiltrate in countrys with the help form vassal-persons.
In fact Zuckerberg take over the gouvernement en parlements. They also commit sencor against people who are againt there dollar-profits.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2019, 2:29 pm

VIDEODROME wrote:
It's irritating to me how Facebook tends to mix so many social circles or other things together. My brother Private Messaged me because he just saw me Like a candidate he didn't like. Also because of that, that candidate appeared in his advertising on the side as a Suggested Page. The same will happen if I joined a Group, even if private, it may become a Suggested Group to other people. I got tired of feeling like I have to police myself by not joining groups or following certain pages.

This is one of the reasons why groups in the autistic community should NOT rely on Facebook to communicate with their members.

VIDEODROME wrote:
So I may create a new account to participate in those groups and purposefully not Friend anyone.

Alas, that's against Facebook policy. You're supposed to have only one account, which must use your legal name. Admittedly, enforcement of that policy is only intermittent, but it does get enforced sometimes, in however spotty a fashion.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2019, 2:32 pm

wombashkaya.fukovchi wrote:
Everything that kitesandtrainsandcats has posted.
I got rid of mine early 2016 after it demanded that I send them a picture of a valid photo ID to prove that the name I was using was mine. I'd heard they were doing it to other people-lots of my friends had to change their names from outlandish ones to more plausible ones around this time. This is discrimination against: anyone trying to run away from an abusive relationship, anyone who has or has ever had a stalker, or just anyone who never wants to see anyone they went to school with again.

This is one of my biggest issues with Facebook -- the policy of requiring legal names.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

06 Jun 2019, 9:12 pm

Mona Pereth wrote:
VIDEODROME wrote:
So I may create a new account to participate in those groups and purposefully not Friend anyone.

Alas, that's against Facebook policy. You're supposed to have only one account, which must use your legal name. Admittedly, enforcement of that policy is only intermittent, but it does get enforced sometimes, in however spotty a fashion.
I heard lots of celebrities have two FB accounts. One public one for their fans & one private one for family & close personal friends.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2019, 2:59 am

nick007 wrote:
I heard lots of celebrities have two FB accounts. One public one for their fans & one private one for family & close personal friends.

What they are supposed to do, according to Facebook policy, is to have only one account, accepting friend requests only from family and close friends, but also create a Facebook PAGE (not a separate account) that can be "liked" (not friended) by their fans.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2019, 11:53 am

It's just that many non-Facebook users think that all safety or privacy settings are deactivated or nonexistant.

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2019, 12:00 pm

Joe90 wrote:
It's just that many non-Facebook users think that all safety or privacy settings are deactivated or nonexistant.

Facebook is designed to gather data about its users. The fact that is used as a social media platform is just a side-benefit. If you don't mind facebook knowing all kinds of personal things about you, your friends, family and business associates, your shopping habits, and other things you "like"...by all means use it.

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2019, 5:36 am

The video is fake, but the words in the video are true.