Is Romance just for young people?

Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

wanderlust77
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Sep 2017, 6:49 am

"Men love young women because they bare us healthy children, and so many "grown" men are in a state of frozen adolescence because we never felt appreciated by young females of prime child bearing age and peak beauty. "

Men love young women as they can be molded, they don't have a baggage, they can be dominated.
What is this BS, peak beauty? Seriously?
Because of men like you and the guy in the video
"Older women 30+/40+ "doll" themselves up and do anything to look younger."
Billions is spent on pharmaceuticals to make us look younger/more youthful. = Because companies realised it is a massive market, create the need and you can sell your s**t.

Real romance has nothing to do with age. Well, it depends how you define romance. I agree with someone who posted earlier that this guy is confused about romance and courting.

True romance is doing something special or unexpected for someone you love, even though you don't have to. Romance isn't a greeting card, it isn't Valentine's Day, it isn't a box of chocolates, and it certainly isn't a dozen roses (unless you like that sort of thing). Real romance is not what modern society has been taught to think it is. Real romance isn't manufactured. It is completely individual. Romance is for showing the person you love that you're thinking about them. It shouldn't feel forced. There are no limits to romance; it can be shown by a handwritten note, by going for a walk, or even by making someone a sandwich. Romance is something simple and sweet that reminds your partner why they fell in love with you in the first place.

This was on my dating profile when I was on okcupid. This is romance and I do want to live like this when I am 80!

"I want to wake up next to you, sip coffee on the patio while listening to the birds chirp on Saturday mornings, and chase each other with squirt guns in the fresh cut grass on hot summer days.
I want to cry on your shoulder while watching classic black and white movies, and I want to be the first person you call when you’ve had a bad day.
I want to speak in secret codes, reference inappropriate jokes using memories that only we would understand, and call each other the most absurd nicknames when we are in the privacy of our own home.
I want to travel the world with you; to another country, another city, or maybe even just another room. I want to take mini vacations to the grocery store and hold hands the whole way home.
I want to fall asleep to the sound of your heartbeat and wake up to the tickle of your eyelashes fluttering on my back — stuck in the moment between being sound asleep and wide awake, one of my favorite places to be.
I want to finally love someone I’m scared to lose, instead of losing someone I’m scared to love.

I want to memorize your freckles, add depth to your laugh lines, and always give you a reason to want to come home. I want to slow dance in the kitchen while sipping red wine and shoot whiskey on the weekends when we just need a good time. I want to be the best buzz you have ever felt, your favorite hello and hardest goodbye. I want to find something worth fighting for."

That's romance for me. Nothing age related. Romance is down to who you really are and what you feel.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2017, 9:45 am

^^^^

wanderlust77
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Sep 2017, 10:44 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
^^^^

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2017, 1:38 pm

wanderlust77 wrote:
This was on my dating profile when I was on okcupid. This is romance and I do want to live like this when I am 80!

"I want to wake up next to you, sip coffee on the patio while listening to the birds chirp on Saturday mornings, and chase each other with squirt guns in the fresh cut grass on hot summer days.
I want to cry on your shoulder while watching classic black and white movies, and I want to be the first person you call when you’ve had a bad day.
I want to speak in secret codes, reference inappropriate jokes using memories that only we would understand, and call each other the most absurd nicknames when we are in the privacy of our own home.
I want to travel the world with you; to another country, another city, or maybe even just another room. I want to take mini vacations to the grocery store and hold hands the whole way home.
I want to fall asleep to the sound of your heartbeat and wake up to the tickle of your eyelashes fluttering on my back — stuck in the moment between being sound asleep and wide awake, one of my favorite places to be.
I want to finally love someone I’m scared to lose, instead of losing someone I’m scared to love.

I want to memorize your freckles, add depth to your laugh lines, and always give you a reason to want to come home. I want to slow dance in the kitchen while sipping red wine and shoot whiskey on the weekends when we just need a good time. I want to be the best buzz you have ever felt, your favorite hello and hardest goodbye. I want to find something worth fighting for."

That's romance for me. Nothing age related. Romance is down to who you really are and what you feel.

I'd say it can be a lot more subtle than that. It can also be a spiritual connection, only seeing each other rarely, and playing games online. I used to think that seeing each other physically was more or less a requirement for a sound romance, but a spiritual connection can easily replace that part.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2017, 1:48 pm

wanderlust77 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
^^^^

wanderlust77
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Sep 2017, 2:28 pm

@rdos- Of course it can be a lot more subtle than what I wrote. I was just trying to emphasize that romance has got nothing to do with age.
The other day I went for a walk with some mates and we saw this couple, they could have been like 90. A frail little lady and a gentleman looking old guy. He opened the gate for her and helped her through the paddle. When I saw that...that was I think the most romantic thing I have seen for a while.

Muziek
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Sep 2017, 2:31 pm

Quote:
Is Romance just for young people?

Complete romance is for those who understand the maya principle fully.

As a musical term for sure, "the '80s" imply the late '70s and early '90s. You can think of them as tapers of this golden decade.

wanderlust77
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Sep 2017, 2:52 pm

What is the maya principle?

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2017, 11:10 pm

I was heckled recently for holding hands with my partner in public.

Jealousy.

ErikSchiffman
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Sep 2017, 12:38 am

No, I don't think so.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2017, 11:02 pm

Just saw this on Facebook

Romance isn't just for the young.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 6:24 pm

sly279 wrote:
Romantic fun is only for young people yes.
People over 30 just want to be serious, buy houses, build careers, have kids, etc.

Not entirely true, it's just that boring, 'normal' people will judge you negatively as a deadbeat, a loser, a manchild, flousy, etc. I'm not sure how much their judgments mean though since they're the ones who tricked themselves into living their lives in a way they're unhappy with and taking it out on those of us who said 'erm, no'.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 9:06 am

Probably. I never saw the appeal of romance. It gets in the way of having an efficient relationship.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 2:36 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Romantic fun is only for young people yes.
People over 30 just want to be serious, buy houses, build careers, have kids, etc.

Not entirely true, it's just that boring, 'normal' people will judge you negatively as a deadbeat, a loser, a manchild, flousy, etc. I'm not sure how much their judgments mean though since they're the ones who tricked themselves into living their lives in a way they're unhappy with and taking it out on those of us who said 'erm, no'.

My niece is only 21 and looking at faking all that minis kids.