Being slim is now out of fashion for a guy?

Page 2 of 4 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2017, 11:14 pm

I'm going to go with a personality difference you are failing to notice, rather than physic.

You may be shocked to learn that women choose men more by personality, eyes, smiles, and approachability than looks or physic. Extremely poor bodies can be turn offs, and extremely good ones can be turn ons, but it isn't usually the deciding factor.

It is also true that as the population gets heavier it simply is more likely that the guys with attractive personalities and features are also going to be fat. That is just odds; the weight itself isn't the key.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2017, 7:40 am

The OP wasn't clear if he's actually taking these girls home and sleeping with them, or he's simply "popular" with girls, like them cuddling him as friend - big difference.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2017, 9:04 am

Being slim and trim will never "go out of style."

Saying this, I agree with DW. It's definitely more about personality. Women prefer easygoing chubby guys to tense thin guys.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2017, 12:47 pm

Maybe fat guys have baby faces which is why women find them more approachable?

A lot the time when fat people lose a lot of weight there faces start too look older and they actually look less attractive in some ways compared to when they were overweight. The plus side is though you will have a better body even if your face might not look as cute as it did when you were heavy.

I advise heavy people to lose weight slowly and not too fast

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2017, 12:53 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Maybe fat guys have baby faces which is why women find them more approachable?

A lot the time when fat people lose a lot of weight there faces start too look older and they actually look less attractive in some ways compared to when they were overweight. The plus side is though you will have a better body even if your face might not look as cute as it did when you were heavy.

I advise heavy people to lose weight slowly and not too fast

A lean face looks much more masculine though, which I assume most women find attractive.

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2017, 1:36 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
The OP wasn't clear if he's actually taking these girls home and sleeping with them, or he's simply "popular" with girls, like them cuddling him as friend - big difference.

Exactly. These overweight men might have something else they can be used for, thus they appear more popular. And from that the friend zone is born. Don't buy for one second that personality has anywhere near as much to do with it, other than looking for marks.

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2017, 2:40 pm

wanderlust77 wrote:
The only thing I can imagine why they are popular is safety. They are safe to talk to.

You are pretty naive to think that body type has anything to do with safety. That view could potentially put you in danger.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2017, 2:44 pm

I'm skinny, but do regular exercise, eat well and have stamina. I wasn't successful for a long while, but the more content I was in my own skin, that is when i had my biggest success.

I don't know if there is a trend but, I would say that confidence and social skill would give more of a chance than otherwise.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2017, 2:49 pm

I don't believe one has to "exude" confidence. That could backfire easily.

But I do believe once really should seek not to betray a "lack" of confidence.

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2017, 3:09 pm

0_equals_true wrote:
wanderlust77 wrote:
The only thing I can imagine why they are popular is safety. They are safe to talk to.

You are pretty naive to think that body type has anything to do with safety. That view could potentially put you in danger.

In this context means it's generally safe to be "friends" with these guys without expectation to reciprocate once she starts asking for realistically unreasonable demands; money, disproportionate amounts of time and energy, trying to dictate who else you can talk to.

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2017, 3:00 am

0_equals_true wrote:
wanderlust77 wrote:

I wonder what she meant by safety.

A fat man is certainly not less potentially dangerous than a skinny man.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 09 Sep 2017, 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

wanderlust77
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Sep 2017, 3:20 am

By safety I meant that I am not attracted to fat guys. I can be myself as I don't care what they think of me, I don't have the urge to try to impress them and most of the time they will not even try to hit on me as they are not so confident. I don't have to reject anyone.
*my experience*
As there's no sexual tension, it's a "safe" environment, we can actually talk and "see" each other.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2017, 3:30 am

wanderlust77 wrote:
By safety I meant that I am not attracted to fat guys. I can be myself as I don't care what they think of me, I don't have the urge to try to impress them and most of the time they will not even try to hit on me as they are not so confident. I don't have to reject anyone.
*my experience*
As there's no sexual tension, it's a "safe" environment, we can actually talk and "see" each other.

In other term, they're easier to deal with because you friendzone them from the very start.

Poor Winnie the Pooh.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2017, 10:04 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
wanderlust77 wrote:
*my experience*

In other term, they're easier to deal with because you friendzone them from the very start.

Poor Winnie the Pooh.

Their easier to deal with not because she friend zoned them but because they think she is out of their league, therefore she doesn't have to expectation of having to deal with someones advances they don't fancy. If they didn't think that it would still mean nothing.

However this is wishful thinking on her part.

BTW "friend zone" is the default. I still don't get why people complain about someone thinking of them as a friend as if somehow they have the moral high ground for fancying them. Resentment is pretty unattractive anyway, it is easy to pick up on. The assumption being that if they somehow timed it right they would have had a chance. You can substitute that with two concepts confidence and social skills, then call it a day.

Last edited by 0_equals_true on 09 Sep 2017, 10:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

wanderlust77
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Sep 2017, 10:05 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Poor Winnie the Pooh.

:?:

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2017, 10:19 am

wanderlust77 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Poor Winnie the Pooh.

:?:

Don't worry about it he is just projecting.

I would say as an older "creep", experience will tell you that what you may feel is true is not necessarily what is.

If you feel less threatened around someone AND if that make yous feel more comfortable, that is fine. Just don't buy it wholesale.