Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2017, 2:06 pm

I have a query about verbal memory. I've heard it's an NVLD strength but mine is poor. However although not diagnosed I fit the criteria for dyspraxia where according to http://dyspraxiafoundation.org.uk/dyspr ... chool-age/ there can be poor verbal and visual short term memory. I was wondering how many others who seem to have dyspraxia/dyspraxia traits alongside signs of NVLD also have poor verbal memory.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2017, 6:58 pm

I have decent verbal memory---but I'm pretty bad at listening to people. I frequently need people to repeat themselves.

Hypercoaster
Raven
Raven

10 Sep 2017, 7:04 am

I have diagnosed NVLD, meaning that I fit the 15+ difference between my PIQ and my VIQ. I am not all that great with auditory memory. It depends. Like, I have all of the scripts of my TV/movie special interests memorized and can "hear" them in my head, but I'm terrible with written instructions. I am very visual, and I have ticker-tape synesthesia, so if I hear a word I am not familiar with, it slows me down, because my mind has to "see" it and think of how it's spelled.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2017, 9:55 am

I'm not diagnosed but my VIQ-PIQ is way over 15.