Page 4 of 5 [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

06 Jul 2019, 9:13 am

This summer I experiment with bleaching instead of shaving.
Bleached hair is less visible but has the unshaven feel I prefer and it doesn't regrow prickly.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Muia
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Jul 2019, 7:38 am

I find hair removal a real chore, so don't do it that often. Though conversely I don't feel 'clean' if I'm hairy. It's like I haven't washed. I can alo be a hair/skin picker and have gone through phases where I will literally pluck every hair from my calves with tweezers. If I start I can't stop.

You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

RAADS-R SCORE: 148

AQ score: 39

EQ score: 20

jngyslate
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Jul 2019, 9:26 pm

I haven't shaved any part of my body for about two years now, and Im really happy that way. Shaving would make me itch like CRAZY when the hair would grow back. It was absolutely miserable. And sweating when you are shaved is gross.. it makes you more smelly. Our hair actually absorbs odors until we take a shower at the end of a day. When a guy comes over and he asks me why I dont shave my legs, I ask him the same question back, and he usually looks at me like I am nuts, but IDGAF?? :ninja:

martianprincess
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2019, 7:44 pm

I shave my legs and armpits.
I only shave my pubic hair every two weeks or so, although I did go through a phase in the last couple of years when I didn’t shave it at all. When I was younger I’d shave all of it off but my preferences have changed.
I can’t stand how my legs feel when they’re hairy. Having freshly shaved legs feels really good to me.

I like wild orchids and neighbors with wide orbits

jngyslate
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Jul 2019, 4:08 am

martianprincess wrote:
I only shave my pubic hair every two weeks or so, although I did go through a phase in the last couple of years when I didn’t shave it at all. When I was younger I’d shave all of it off but my preferences have changed.
I can’t stand how my legs feel when they’re hairy. Having freshly shaved legs feels really good to me.

Yeah, im definitely open to shaving my legs again, if i have a sexy outfit that i want to wear on a night on the town with a guy that I like. Wouldn't look forward to the itching though.

martianprincess
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2019, 6:46 am

jngyslate wrote:
martianprincess wrote:

Yeah, im definitely open to shaving my legs again, if i have a sexy outfit that i want to wear on a night on the town with a guy that I like. Wouldn't look forward to the itching though.

Yeah, I know what you mean. The acting is the worst part. And it's not even like we do it on purpose. Dating sucks.

I like wild orchids and neighbors with wide orbits

jngyslate
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Jul 2019, 9:14 am

martianprincess wrote:
jngyslate wrote:
martianprincess wrote:

Yeah, I know what you mean. The acting is the worst part. And it's not even like we do it on purpose. Dating sucks.

I like the guys that I go out with though. Find guys that like you for YOU, babe. Dont put on a show for anyone! Thats a waste of time. Find someone that loves and appreciates you for exactly who you are. Im kind of spergy around dudes sometimes, but i pick the right ones and they love it! Lol :heart:

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

30 Jul 2019, 12:07 pm

jngyslate wrote:
I haven't shaved any part of my body for about two years now, and Im really happy that way. Shaving would make me itch like CRAZY when the hair would grow back. It was absolutely miserable. And sweating when you are shaved is gross.. it makes you more smelly. Our hair actually absorbs odors until we take a shower at the end of a day. When a guy comes over and he asks me why I dont shave my legs, I ask him the same question back, and he usually looks at me like I am nuts, but IDGAF?? :ninja:

I trim my body hair every now and then and bleach it if I want it to be less visible. This way I avoid all the itch and pimples from regrowing hair. I don't need to look silky, just "normal" enough not to draw attention.
My husband prefers my legs hairy over prickly from stiff regrowing hair - better in touch.
I totally agree with the body odour part, also hair absorbs my sweat so I don't get sticky so quickly.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Broekenkakker
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

13 Aug 2019, 9:54 pm

I only shave areas that are going to be exposed, and that only happens in the summer, the rest of the year I wear trousers.

I am very hairy, though, being of Italian+Spanish ancestry. And apparently I have some hormonal issues because I even grow thick, black hairs on my chin, which makes me feel so bad. I do remove the hairs on my chin with my tweezers, and I'm constantly picking on my chin in search for hairs (I think it's become a bit of a 'tic', I do it without realising even).

My husband says he doesn't care about my body hair, it's part of me, it's natural and he loves me attractive, no matter the hair. It doesn't make any difference to him. But I must admit that I haven't been able to get rid of this stupid social mandate and I feel quite unattractive when I'm hairy.

Anyway, after getting a few bad cuts (I'm very clumsy and it seems I can't handle my own body all that well), I decided to stop shaving. I use an epilator on my legs ( including my thighs, as I'm so hairy), I wax my armpits and trim my pubic area (which I do get waxed when I go to the beach/pool).

Other than that, I sometimes wax my facial hair ('beard', moustache and eyebrows), but I try to keep it under control with my tweezers. But, as of lately, I only take care of my 'beard'. I have too little time and too little energy.

Oh, and as others have mentioned: when I remove the hair on my legs, I just love how they feel and how the sheets and clothes feel against them.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2019, 5:25 am

I use wax on my armpits and legs. Other than that the bikini area i'm too scared to use wax so i mostly shave. I've been considering laser operation but i'm too scared and embarrassed to do it. I don't think i would be able to handle the pain. But almost everyone around me had it done :( Being hairless is a big deal around here i guess :(

billowing
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

05 Sep 2019, 11:59 am

i stopped shaving like 6 months ago. it wasn't a sensory issue for me though, it's just too much work, and for what? it was like a great epiphany, i don't have to shave! i don't really care what people think of my hairy legs anyway, and i like them. i'm a tomboy.

Cavycat

15 Oct 2019, 4:51 pm

My mother thinks that shaving is a hygenic thing. I'm in her house, so I am basically pressured to shave every so often. Why she thinks I should do my legs is a mystery. I am extremely cold sensitive and always wear pants or skirts that cover my entire leg.
I only shave my armpits once every few months because my mother complains about odor. I shaved my pubic hair once or twice when I was 12 by accident, once it had to be shaved for surgery. I only shaved my legs from the age of 12 to maybe 15 or 16, and didn't do it in the 5-month cold season.

Zizu58
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Oct 2019, 10:17 pm

Hopefully you girls have realised that having a shaved p**** is a must these days and everywhere else is also a given .

Time to get with the program ! !

OutsideView
Veteran
Veteran

Location: England ^not male but apparently you can't change it

26 Oct 2019, 6:59 am

Hell no to that! I shave my pits because it feels more comfy and my legs if I'm gonna wear something the hairs will stick through but nothing else is getting done, it's way to itchy.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2019, 8:34 pm

Zizu58 wrote:
Hopefully you girls have realised that having a shaved p**** is a must these days and everywhere else is also a given .

Time to get with the program ! !

That is by far the worst place to shave.